-
Junior Member
registered user
Ok, just to fill you in. The way the installation worked is that it booted from the actuall downloaded iso file (not a burnt iso image) running from the XP root directory and using grub to dual boot.
As it happens I've just had to re-format my disk and re-install XP after everything got screwed up (that'll teach me not to lose my boot-disk).
I've now given up on that install option and I'm probably going to have to stop trying to use linux. I've tried setting up an internet connection from the above installation, from a regular knoppix-installer hard drive installation and while running from the live cd and I just haven't got anywhere.
I'm on dial-up and using an Intel 536EP data fax modem.
I have downloaded the correct linux drivers for the modem but I just can't get the driver installed. I have read of other people having problems with this modem and I'm yet to find an answer.
The first problem was that it wanted the kernel sources installed so I downloaded and installed those and tried installing again but this time it says I have an unknown distribution and it was unable to find boot scripts.
I tried Gentoo previously and had the identical problem.
Similar Threads
-
By Atrio05 in forum Networking
Replies: 17
Last Post: 10-31-2005, 02:10 PM
-
By imperator1967 in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-04-2005, 12:37 PM
-
By kq9j in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-24-2005, 01:40 AM
-
By th3b0d0mr3ap3r in forum Networking
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-23-2004, 04:07 AM
-
By mightydavefish in forum Networking
Replies: 6
Last Post: 11-27-2003, 10:04 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00

HDD 3.5" SATA Hard Drive with Windows 10/Win 11 64x Installed Legacy
$35.00

ST1000NM000A Seagate Exos 7E8 Hard drive TB internal 3.5" SATA 6Gb/s 7200 rpm
$115.56

HGST HUA723030ALA640 3TB SATA 7200 RPM 3.5 in Enterprise HDD | 0F14044 (100%)
$45.00

Seagate ST6000NM0115 6TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive
$159.99

HGST HUS724040ALA640 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.5" Internal Desktop Drive 100% Health
$78.00

Hitachi / HGST Travelstar HTS541010B7E610 1TB 2.5" SATA III HDD
$29.99

New Western Digital WD40EFPX 68C6CN0 4TB 3.5" SATA III Internal NAS Red Plus HDD
$137.59

6TB Seagate Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD v4 ST6000NM0024
$70.00