Is it supposed to say "unable to umount /KNOPPIX, trying /dev/cloop instead"?
Is it supposed to say "unable to umount /KNOPPIX, trying /dev/cloop instead"?
I too have seen that message on reboot/shutdown but mostly on older PCs.
I believe that the knoppix developers try to make Knoppix work on a wide variety of PC hardware. Iam guessing that in your example the developers noticed a problem with unmounting and created a script that works around that problem. From what I undertand, the message is normal.
I hope this helps.
James

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00
INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99
Intel Core i5-4590T 2 GHz 5 GT/s LGA 1150 Desktop CPU Processor SR1S6
$10.99
Intel Core i7-12700K 12th Gen Desktop Processor – LGA 1700 – Unlocked
$280.00
Intel Core i7-6700 SR2L2 3.40GHz 8 MB 4-Core LGA1151 Socket CPU Processor
$27.99
Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99
Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor
$14.49
Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 CPU 2.20GHz 22-Core 55MB 145W LGA2011-3 SR2JV Processor
$79.99
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Desktop CPU Processor Socket AM4 3.6GHz
$60.00
INTEL CORE I9-10980XE PROCESSOR | 3.00GHZ | SRGSG
$299.99