Hi,
I would like to know how do i update my kernel to new one. I'm newbie with this thing.
I have used apt-get update and apt-get upgrade and installed new updates. After that i used "apt-get install kernel-image-2.4.27-1-k7", but nothing happened when i booted. It asked if i wanted it to configure lilo and i answered yes and it said some kind of ERROR and advised me to manually add new kernel to lilo or something like that.
So how do i update kernel step by step?
I have another operating system on this hard-drive and it is windows xp sp2. Oh and i got amd athlon xp 3200+ processor.

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00
KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99
KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99
Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85
$8.00
VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42
$7.00
Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$34.01