Maybe I missed something, but why not use the 2.6 kernel?
I'm planning to make a version of knoppix that supports Cuecat scanners... to do this I need to compile the cuecat and cloop patches against 2.4.21...
Anyone know what version of cloop I need to be able to build this successfully... I tried the latest and greatest, but I think it needs a 2.6 kernel as some of the includes seem to be missing from 2.4...
Any suggestions appreciated,
-G
Maybe I missed something, but why not use the 2.6 kernel?
The driver for cuecat (cuecat 0.82) is not in the main kernel tree.... so the last version that patches is for 2.4.21.Originally Posted by sgtdawg
AFAIK there is no other way to get a usb cuecat to work other then via that patch (or a patch for an earlier kernel).
Ok obivously, I'm new to this![]()
cloop can only be compiled as a module, and I got cloop 2.01-5 to build against my 2.4.21 kernel.
Now I have to figure out how to build a minirt24.gz that has a cloop.o module (along with other modules?).... and then replace linux24 with my kernel... and then I'm off to the races.

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09
MICRON MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G6D1 32GB PC4-21300R DDR4-2666V RDIMM 2RX4 MEMORY DIMM
$139.99
TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98
1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$202.50
Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q
$169.00
USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75
Lot of 9 SK hynix 16GB DDR4 3200AA HMAA2GS6CJR8N-XN 1Rx8 PC Laptop Memory RAM
$602.99
Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.55
5 in 1 Memory Card Reader USB 3.0 OTG Adapter SD Card Reader For iPhone/iPad LOT
$9.99