-
Junior Member
registered user
I am testing knoppix under vmware
I created two virtual hdds.
/dev/hda1 is 800M in vfat filesystem
/dev/hdb1 is 100M in vfat filesystem
Booting the knoppix cd, I first knoppix tohd=/dev/hda1
after a few mins to copy the cd contents to /dev/hda1
I can boot knoppix from hdd by issue command at the boot prompt
knoppix fromhd=/dev/hda1 (TEST OK)
After boot up, I run "create Permanent home" , I selectd /dev/hdb1 and it asked me to format the parition in linux filesystem or answer "NO" to create a image file. I select "NO" to create a image file instead.
Then I reboot again and at the boot prompt I enter
knoppix fromhd=/dev/hda1 myconf=/dev/hdb1 home=/dev/hdb1
Everything go smooth, but I found that the account being used is root but not knoppix
What's the problem ?
Similar Threads
-
By System in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 10
Last Post: 03-13-2005, 08:07 PM
-
By Chibi in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 02-23-2005, 05:51 AM
-
By pete1968 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-13-2004, 04:40 PM
-
By sb73542 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-06-2004, 01:24 AM
-
By linuser in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-28-2003, 01:54 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.55

MICRON MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G6D1 32GB PC4-21300R DDR4-2666V RDIMM 2RX4 MEMORY DIMM
$139.99

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$202.50

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75

Samsung 64GB (16GBx4) 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-3200AA M393A2K43EM3-CWENY DDR4 Server Memory
$399.99

LOT OF 8 Micron 16GB 2Rx4 PC4-2133P-RB0-10 MTA36ASF2G72PZ SERVER MEMORY ECC
$500.00

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98

Lot Of 5 Samsung 16GB 2Rx4 PC3-14900R Server Memory RAM M393B2G70DB0, WORKING
$69.99