While working on the PaiPix Knoppix remastering I had to include several extensions regarding the Portuguese customization. I describe some bellow:
* in /etc/init.d/knoppix-autoconfig in case "$LANGUAGE" in I have added
pt)
# Portuguese version
COUNTRY="pt"
LANG="pt_PT@euro"
KEYTABLE="pt-latin1"
XKEYBOARD="pt"
KDEKEYBOARD="pt"
KDEKEYBOARDS="pt,us"
XMODIFIERS=""
TZ="Europe/Lisbon"
;;
I have also added the translated messages.
*in /etc/X11/Xsession.d/45xsession
add
# Setup kde dictionary
case "$LANGUAGE" in
de)
DICT="ogerman" ;;
fr)
DICT="french" ;;
it)
DICT="italian" ;;
es)
DICT="castellano" ;;
pt)
DICT="portugues" ;;
*)
DICT="american" ;;
esac

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99
Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00
KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99
Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85
$8.00
VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42
$7.00
Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.98