Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: boot.img location?

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    10

    boot.img location?

    ive remastered several knoppix disks, ive copied everything on to a local drive..and now that i want to use a custom kernal, im following the custom kernel howto..and cant find boot.img anywhere. Following the howtos, shouldnt it be in ../master/ ? Could I have accidentally gotten rid of it (and if I had, wouldnt my knoppix remasters not work?)

    Or am i just looking the wrong place? I am using 3.4.

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    12
    I'm not sure if this is what you are looking for, but all the boot files are stored in /cdrom/boot/isolinux

    I know that these are where the compressed kernels are:
    linux24 and linux26

    I believe this is the same for 3.4 and up.

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    10
    sounds exactly what i want. Do I just need to build a new kernel of the same version, mod it, throw the knoppix patches on top of it, and put it there?

  4. #4
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    12
    I can't help much in this area because I have never been able to get a rebuilt kernel working before, but it sounds like this would be the correct location from the how-tos I have read on the kernel re-compile.

    If you don't mind me asking what's the benifit of the custom kernel?

  5. #5
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    10

    bootsplash!

    im patching the kernel for a graphical boot for a remaster.

Similar Threads

  1. OpenOffice settings location
    By sgtdawg in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-02-2004, 06:42 AM
  2. Where is the location of the programs that are installed
    By david90schr in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-27-2004, 11:52 AM
  3. dhcpd.conf in another location?
    By activeco in forum Networking
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-11-2003, 05:16 PM
  4. Location of configuration files
    By prawira in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-28-2003, 09:40 AM
  5. Location of .profile .bshrc ????????
    By marcdevon in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-17-2003, 10:12 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2

$75.99



Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board picture

Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board

$300.00



OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2  for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs picture

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs

$87.99



CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go picture

CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go

$75.00



WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure picture

WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure

$119.99



Dell PERC H740p Mini Mono RAID Controller 8GB 0878M 5FMY4 GP6RN picture

Dell PERC H740p Mini Mono RAID Controller 8GB 0878M 5FMY4 GP6RN

$55.00



Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5

Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array

$55.00



Dell 3KDWX PERC H755 12Gb/s SAS 8GB RAID Controller picture

Dell 3KDWX PERC H755 12Gb/s SAS 8GB RAID Controller

$950.00



Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004 picture

Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004

$649.99



Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD picture

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD

$265.00