It would be easier to name your script knoppix.sh and adding it to your /KNOPPIX folder on the cd, where it will be automatically executed.
I am trying to run two commands at startup on my remastered CD. I created a script in /etc/init.d named ARIstartup:
I then created a link to this called /etc/rc5.d/S99ARIstartup.Code:sudo mount /mnt/hda1 sudo cupsd
When I boot the system it starts Runlevel: 5 and gets to Starting X11.....
then displays the following messages:
Retrying with Server XFree86(vesa) .
Retrying with Server XFree86(fbdev) .
Error: No suitable X-Server found for your card.
The system has run fine before this script was executed. In fact all I did was change the permissions so the script could run, because it was skipping the script without execute permissions.
I am running this script because I need the hda1 to be mounted with rw permissions and I need print services.
Any help either working around this script or fixing it wouold be greatly appreciated.
Update:
This was not caused by the rc5.d script. The script works fine. There was a problem building the isofs. Problem solved.
It would be easier to name your script knoppix.sh and adding it to your /KNOPPIX folder on the cd, where it will be automatically executed.

Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151
$79.99
Intel Core i5-14400F 2.50GHz 6 Core SRN3R 16 Thread LGA 1700 CPU
$165.00
Intel Core i7-9700 3.0 GHz Octo-Core (SRG13) Processor
$632.00
INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99
AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)
$59.00
Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00
Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99
Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor
$67.99
intel core brand new never used i5-11400f LGA1200
$85.00
INTEL CORE I9-10980XE PROCESSOR | 3.00GHZ | SRGSG
$299.99