-
Junior Member
registered user
knoppix with 3 nics
hey, I run knoppix, with three nics. One 'going' to be connected to the cable modem, and the other two will go as uplinks to two routers. Basically a star topology. I was wondering if I could run knoppix as a domain controller, and have other OSes login to the domain (not my priority, but still an interesting subject).
I would also like to know how to add applications to the start up, ie nxserver. Which comes with knoppix. I have it installed on a p3 550 coppermine... with 256MB of ram. [not debian ver] on the 2.6.2 kernel I believe.
I was hoping someone could enlighten me on this one, (it's for an 7-8 pc network at home, with knoppix at the forefront). Possibly with some tips, or suggestions. I would also like for the machine to load up in 'text mode' just as long as it loads up nxserver after booting....automatically.
I'm fairly new to knoppix, been using it for a few weeks.
Any feedback, ('good&evil') would be much appreciated.
Thanks for being here!
Similar Threads
-
By gjhicks in forum Networking
Replies: 4
Last Post: 05-01-2005, 08:00 PM
-
By Skibumtx in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-10-2004, 10:17 PM
-
By blumnm in forum Laptops
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-12-2004, 12:04 AM
-
By CodeOptimist in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-18-2004, 11:25 PM
-
By gkp in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 07-10-2003, 07:09 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57

Knoppix NSM 1.2
$8.00

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM
$7.00

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.75