Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Intel pro 2200bg on IBM T42 "Not Found"

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1

    Intel pro 2200bg on IBM T42 "Not Found"

    Hello all. Just threw in the Knoppix live cd into my IBM T42 notebook and all is well...except its not finding my integrated wireless controller. I have the standard IBM wireless card (intel 2200bg) that comes with the centrino, yet nothing seems to be working.

    When i try using the netcard config it asks to "Use DHCP Broadcasting" and I hit yes and it says "sending DHCP broadcast from device eth0" and it fails.

    Then when I use the Wavelan configuration, it just says "No wireless network card found". I have tried both the 2.4 and 2.6 kernels and it does the same on both.

    I also tried booting with nopcmcia thinking that might be causing a problem since im not using a pcmcia card, yet that didn't help either.

    Please I would very much appreciate any help you all could give me on this problem. Thanks!

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    36

    Re: Intel pro 2200bg on IBM T42 "Not Found"

    Quote Originally Posted by m32scooby
    Hello all. Just threw in the Knoppix live cd into my IBM T42 notebook and all is well...except its not finding my integrated wireless controller. I have the standard IBM wireless card (intel 2200bg) that comes with the centrino, yet nothing seems to be working.

    When i try using the netcard config it asks to "Use DHCP Broadcasting" and I hit yes and it says "sending DHCP broadcast from device eth0" and it fails.

    Then when I use the Wavelan configuration, it just says "No wireless network card found". I have tried both the 2.4 and 2.6 kernels and it does the same on both.

    I also tried booting with nopcmcia thinking that might be causing a problem since im not using a pcmcia card, yet that didn't help either.

    Please I would very much appreciate any help you all could give me on this problem. Thanks!

    as root:
    #modprobe ipw2200
    #pump -i eth1

    if knoppix doesnt have ipw2200, get Kanotix
    www.kanotix.com

Similar Threads

  1. XMMS moved into "Lost & Found" on Start Menu??
    By scruffyeagle in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-23-2005, 05:27 AM
  2. USR 56k PCI modem "busy"/"not found",rec
    By oman in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-03-2004, 06:44 PM
  3. Diskless Install Error "block-major-2 not found"
    By phillfri in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-26-2003, 01:52 AM
  4. "Intel(R) PRO/1000 MT Mobile Connection" with Knop
    By jasperlevink in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-22-2003, 10:59 PM
  5. "Error: No Wireless Network Card Found"
    By akira28 in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-02-2003, 11:52 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch picture

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch

$19.99



NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch picture

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch

$49.99



TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed picture

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed

$199.99



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99



5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S... picture

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...

$9.64



TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern picture

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern

$15.25



10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W picture

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W

$39.99



NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless picture

NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless

$16.41



D-Link DGS-1210-28P 28-Port PoE Gigabit Web Smart Switch With Cord picture

D-Link DGS-1210-28P 28-Port PoE Gigabit Web Smart Switch With Cord

$49.99



5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play picture

5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play

$31.99