You should run : update-modules
after you disable it in modules.conf.
![]()
![]()
Hi !
I'm using a Knoppix v3.4 HD-install. The ipv6-module is loaded although I disabled it in the modules.conf, also a sit0 ipv6-in-ipv4 is started (although only visible with ifconfig -a).
How do I disable this ? Is there any package that enables this, so I can remove it ?
You should run : update-modules
after you disable it in modules.conf.
![]()
![]()
Hi !
Thanks for the answer, but it doesn't work.
Actually, update-modules uncomments the line in the modules.conf file (I'm talking about the "alias net-pf-10" line).
Running depmod -a manually doesn't help either. Why is there a ipv6-in-ipv4 tunnel created ? I mean, to do this I usually have to run some commands explicitly. But on my install, it's just there.
Another thing, you need to comment out ipv6 in /etc/modprobe.d/aliases
and in /etc/module-**(kernel-version)
then run update-modules.
No need to edit modules.conf because update-modules will take care of it.
![]()
![]()

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡
$109.99
Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P
$149.99
Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port PoE Gigabit Switch (Renewed)
$361.91
Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch
$79.99
Juniper AP47 Mist Wi-Fi 7 802.11 6GHz 4x4 Wireless Access Point (NEW)
$999.99
Juniper EX4300-48T-AFO 48-Port 10/100/1000Base-T Switch+ Dual PSU w/EX-UM-4X4SFP
$49.99
Juniper SRX320 8-Port Security Services Gateway Appliance w/ AC Adapter
$59.99
Juniper Networks MX204-HW-BASE *BRAND NEW FACTORY SEALED* READ DETAILS
$8199.99
Juniper Networks SRX220 8-Port Gigabit Layer 3 Managed Rackmount RJ-45 USB
$285.00
Juniper QFX5100-48S-3AFI 48-Port SFP+ 6 QSFP+ 2x SFP/RJ-45 Management
$249.97