-
Junior Member
registered user
How to disable ipv6 and sit0 ipv6-in-ivp4
Hi !
I'm using a Knoppix v3.4 HD-install. The ipv6-module is loaded although I disabled it in the modules.conf, also a sit0 ipv6-in-ipv4 is started (although only visible with ifconfig -a).
How do I disable this ? Is there any package that enables this, so I can remove it ?
-
Senior Member
registered user
You should run : update-modules
after you disable it in modules.conf.
-
Junior Member
registered user
Hi !
Thanks for the answer, but it doesn't work.
Actually, update-modules uncomments the line in the modules.conf file (I'm talking about the "alias net-pf-10" line).
Running depmod -a manually doesn't help either. Why is there a ipv6-in-ipv4 tunnel created ? I mean, to do this I usually have to run some commands explicitly. But on my install, it's just there.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Another thing, you need to comment out ipv6 in /etc/modprobe.d/aliases
and in /etc/module-**(kernel-version)
then run update-modules.
No need to edit modules.conf because update-modules will take care of it.
Similar Threads
-
By fabioxa in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-03-2005, 09:17 AM
-
By canadian_psyko in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-19-2004, 05:01 AM
-
By bardinjw in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-14-2004, 05:16 PM
-
By MaTh2k in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-04-2003, 10:28 AM
-
By Graffen in forum Ideas
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-04-2003, 06:47 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99

Lot of 88GB (22x4GB) ADVANTECH 1RX16 DDR4 PC4-2400U AQD-D4U4GN24-HP MEMORY RAM
$286.00

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68

(Lot of 4) Kingston Fury Beast 32GB DDR4 Gaming RAM / KF436C18BB/32 - VGC
$799.95

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99

Crucial DDR3L 16GB 2 x 8GB 1600 MHz PC3L-12800 Laptop RAM Sodimm Memory 1.35V
$41.00

Samsung 16GB LPCAMM2 PC5 7500 DDR5 LPDDR5X CAMM2 M561K1LC4DM0-CCTGM RAM Memory
$189.00

INNOVATION IT 16GB DDR4 3200
$40.00

Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4-3600 PC4-28800 DIMM White
$75.00

Micron 32GB 1x32GB DDR5 5600 CL46 ECC Unbuffered SO-DIMM MTC20C2085S1TC56BD1
$399.00