-
Junior Member
registered user
nx server still not running off of boot
:/ I still have to run nx server from the 'knoppix' -> 'services' menus.
I made an sh file in /etc/init.d called startnx.sh
code:
#! /bin/sh
#
/usr/bin/nxserver --start
and ran #" update-rc.d startnx.sh defaults "
it starts up and everything, but when I try to connect I get 'connection refused'... it only works when I load it up from the menus, not even when I try to run it out of the terminal
now, what could I be doing wrong? is there more than one version of nx server in knoppix? OR does anyone know how I can see what command a menu link is running? (like when u make links on the desktop) so I could atleast see what that link is doing
Similar Threads
-
By mohit.jain.india in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-30-2005, 05:05 PM
-
By pf123 in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 05-13-2005, 07:35 PM
-
By vincentfreeman in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-11-2004, 06:02 PM
-
By Raineri in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-24-2003, 10:46 PM
-
By mmaki in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-28-2003, 12:27 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$155.00

Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$12.99

ESET Server Security (File Security) | Variant Item | Download Version
$136.15

All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive
$15.95

Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU
$649.00

Microsoft SQL Server 2022 Standard 24 Core unlimited CAL Retail License Package
$199.00

Toshiba Magnia SG20 VPN Linux server Web server (No HDD, *Read*) -
$60.00

1U Rackmount PC Intel Core i5-2520M 8GB RAM 500GB HDD Ubuntu Linux Server
$109.99

Sun Enterprise e450 400mhz cpu(x4), 4gb ram, 9gb HD w/spud most complete on ebay
$500.00

Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 Server DVD English OS Media Kit RHF0382US
$41.30