Oh Lol.
I just left my computer running like 30 Minutes and now the card works,
kernel is unfreezed.
Just amazing.
Never thought it could work anyway![]()
Hi folks!
I got a rather strange problem (like all guys remastering the almost perfect Knoppix CD must have).
I got a notebook without HDD. So it's kind of worthless to me right now.
So i had the idea to use it as a surf station with my WLAN usb card ( SMC W2662W ).
I tried to get it working with Knoppix 3.6 but it won't do.
So i tried with an knoppix installed on another computer on hdd to get the Card working.
The CSV release of the atmel driver finally worked and i hoped i could just copy the compiled module onto an usb stick and load it after knoppix rebooted, but that didn't work.
He loads the module but doesn't create a wlan device and - of course - the tools are missing.
So i remastered a Knoppix CD with properly installed drivers, but after booting it just hangs on the usb syncing.
When booting without the Card everything works fine, but after plugging in the card i see for a short moment that the <right> module is loaded but afterwards the kernel freezes.
I compiled the atmel driver by downloading the 2.4.27 source, "make oldconfig" after i copied the .config file into the source directory.
Is there any way to get this card running under knoppix?
I see no options 8[
Is there any way to compile the drivers on a running knoppix?!
Anyone ever tried something like that?
Oh Lol.
I just left my computer running like 30 Minutes and now the card works,
kernel is unfreezed.
Just amazing.
Never thought it could work anyway![]()
Hi,
How did you manage to get the CVS release to work?
I downloaded the CVS release for my at76c503a wireless usb adapter, but can't get the CVS release to make anything.
I installed knoppix 3.6 on my laptop and use the 2.6.7. kernel, but the link /lib/modules/2.6.7/build points to a non-existing directory (/usr/src/linux-2.6.7) so 'make' gives an ugly listing and returns with errors. I guess the kernel source is not there (?).
Any tips?
(when I load the 2.4.x kernel, my mousepad freezes, so I'm using kernel 2.6.7 till futher notice...)
If you'd like an easier way of getting atmel cards to work try Kanotix. It already has the atmel drivers.![]()
Unfortunately, I found that one still needs to do a manual configuration even with Kanotix. I hope that soon one will be able to boot and go without any further trouble.
Hmm let's see....building drivers then remastering a live cd or having to configure Kanotix. Methinks Kanotix is alot easier. What exactly does 'configuring' your card involve?Originally Posted by reagle
I installed Kanotix instead of Knoppix and the wireless adapter is now up and running.
Thanks for the tip!
So how do one remaster with atmel support? I have tried Kanotix and love it!!!
My MA101 USB wifi works!!! Finally!!
But I have other favourites customised knoppix distributions that I would love to have the same atmel drivers support. eg the auditor ...
Why not remaster Kanotix instead of trying to add something to Knoppix? It uses squashfs instead of cloop is the only difference from a remastering point of view. You will find that squashfs compresses much faster than cloop as well.Originally Posted by stars

DEC PDP 11/05 or 11/10 system complete, H900 box, vintage, Digital Equip Corp
$3509.00
Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On)
$499.99
DEC T2053-DE MS65A-DA 128MB VAX 6000 Memory Board Gold Scrap Vintage
$69.99
Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW
$269.99
Vintage DEC Digital M8048 5013995C PDP-11 LSI 11 ROM (B3)
$149.99
VINTAGE DEC LA34/ LA100 SERIES KEYBOARD W/NUMERIC PAD 70-17864-01C
$140.00
Vintage DEC LK201 Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) LK201-AA Computer Keyboard
$149.99
DEC Digital DECmate III PC238 PDP-8 6120 RX50 Dual Floppy Vintage Computer
$649.95
$100.00
Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)
$279.99