Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Mozilla kicker icon changes after customization??!?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    9

    Mozilla kicker icon changes after customization??!?

    After creating a custom Knoppix CD, the icon shown in the KDE kicker changes from the nice square red horsey to a dull grey "M". And here's the strange part - I didn't change Mozilla during the customization.

    Has this happened to any of you? I'm pulling my hair out trying to find out how it changes. I think the definition is stored in /usr/share/applnk/Internet/Mozilla Components/Mozilla_Browser.desktop.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    9
    My appologies for calling the Mozilla mascot a horsey, obviously, it's a dog, no wait, it's a lizard, what am I saying.

    I watched the status of /mnt/xxx/KNOPPIX/usr/share/applnk/Internet/Mozilla Components/Mozilla_Browser.desktop while I was doing my customizations (removing emacs, and some locales, and adding new software). The file I just mentioned is normally a normal file and not a link like the other files in that directory. Sometime while the locales were being removed, it changed from a real file to a link pointing towards /var/lib/kde...

    I suspect that Klaus may have changed that Icon by hand, and then when I removed the locales, the menu-update mess was run and trampled all over his changes (that's my theory anyway).

    I modified my customization script to change the file back to a real file and not a link and patch the thing back to Icon=mozilla so that the horsey, I mean lizard shows up as an icon.

    If anyone is more knowledgable about how the menu update stuff works, I would appreciate a quick tutorial.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Beijing
    Posts
    51
    Hmmm, this happened to me but I coouldn't tell when it really happens.... but I figured out how to get back the shiny lizard icon though when it suddenly becomes the undesired icon... right click on the icon itself and click properties.... on the first tab (general) the icon that is used appears like a button -- it IS one.

    Click on it and you get a choice of what icon to use... just look for it under applications... I mean 'system icons' is selected and there is a jump menu (don't know how to describe it) beside it... click on the arrow pointing downwards and scroll down to applications... the window below will show you the icons available for the system.... look for the bright shiny red lizard...

    I'm just glad that I can help this time and not be the one doing the questions


    And I did pull my hair out (some of it) the first time it happened...

Similar Threads

  1. Help: how can I reinstall kicker?
    By jackiechen858 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-26-2004, 04:16 PM
  2. Kicker menu entries
    By srowe in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-30-2004, 06:38 PM
  3. kicker...where is it?
    By fab1976 in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-28-2004, 11:38 PM
  4. Mozilla icon on Kicker
    By Aleu in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-10-2003, 09:33 PM
  5. Clicking mailto links in Mozilla opens Mozilla Mail notKMail
    By lavaman094 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-03-2003, 06:32 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray picture

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray

$39.99



Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A

$64.00



Western Digital WD WD4006FZBX 4TB HDD 3.5

Western Digital WD WD4006FZBX 4TB HDD 3.5" SATA 7200RPM Black Gaming New Sealed

$185.00



Western Digital 1TB 3.5

Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA III 7200RPM Desktop Hard Drive

$34.99



HGST 0F23072 Deskstar NAS 6TB SATA III 7200RPM 128MB 3.5in HDD picture

HGST 0F23072 Deskstar NAS 6TB SATA III 7200RPM 128MB 3.5in HDD

$84.99



Western Digital WD Blue WD10EZEX 1 TB 3.5

Western Digital WD Blue WD10EZEX 1 TB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive

$23.99



Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE picture

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE

$68.99



Seagate Exos ST2000NX0253 HDD 2TB SATA 7.2K 2.5

Seagate Exos ST2000NX0253 HDD 2TB SATA 7.2K 2.5" 512b/s

$55.00



(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5

(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HARD DRIVE

$199.99



DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600

$49.95