Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: framebuffer-problem after hdd-install on Toshiba Laptop

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    5

    framebuffer-problem after hdd-install on Toshiba Laptop

    Hi

    I have made a hdd-install, that works just fine. I have just problems with the framebufferdefinition at the startup. With knoppix from CD it works fine. I enter fb1024x768 at the boot prompt and knoppix uses the full screnn of my laptop.
    Now at the hdd-installed version this does not work. I have tried
    boot: fb1024x768
    or
    boot: Linux fb1024x768
    without results. I have just a little window and not the full screen. How does that translate to the Debian-Version, so it starts correct?

    I do have version 3.6.

    Thanks for help.

    Juergen

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    5
    Hi

    Ich habe mittlerweile weitergesucht und einige ergänzende Feststellungen gemacht. Vielleicht helfen die weiter.
    In der /etc/lilo.conf steht vga=791. Wenn ich das verändere, dann ist auch die Console kleiner dargestellt. Mit 791 wird der gane Display genutzt. Das Problem liegt also anscheinend bei KDE. Wie teile ich KDE mit, dass der Display die Größe 1024x768 hat? Ich habe auch mittlereweile 'append=fb1024x768' in der lilo.conf gesetzt. Aber auch das ohne Erfolg.

    Kann jemand was mit den Infos anfangen?

    Jürgen

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    788
    Try append to /etc/lilo.cfg
    fb1024x768
    or
    vga=normal


  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    5
    [quote="shah"]Try append to /etc/lilo.cfg
    fb1024x768
    or
    vga=normal

    No chance. I found the following solution. Start from CD with the framebuffer set and then reinstall. I hadn't done that before. I didn't think it was necassary to have a correct CD-start before installation.

    Juergen

  5. #5
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    788
    You're right.
    To avoid having problem after hdd installaton, it is better to include all the necessary cheatcodes when booting from cdrom before running installation.


  6. #6
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    981
    [quote="mkjtravel"]
    Quote Originally Posted by shah
    Try append to /etc/lilo.cfg
    fb1024x768
    or
    vga=normal

    No chance. I found the following solution. Start from CD with the framebuffer set and then reinstall. I hadn't done that before. I didn't think it was necassary to have a correct CD-start before installation.

    Juergen
    Basically this is the same solution. Knoppix appends all the active cheatcode into lilo when it does a HD install. Sometimes this can cause problems, if you have vga=normal as a cheatcode lilo objects because it already has a vga=791 line & it doesn't like repeats.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-16-2005, 08:19 PM
  2. Howto install Winmodem Toshiba AMR on laptop
    By LinhChau in forum Networking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-17-2005, 08:23 PM
  3. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-13-2003, 02:40 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-11-2003, 03:06 PM
  5. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 08-08-2003, 07:21 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch picture

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch

$19.99



NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch picture

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch

$49.99



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99



NETGEAR GS116PP 16-Port Gigabit Ethernet Switch UNTESTED  picture

NETGEAR GS116PP 16-Port Gigabit Ethernet Switch UNTESTED

$40.99



10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W picture

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W

$39.99



TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597 picture

TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597

$36.98



5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S... picture

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...

$9.64



Arista DCS-7050SX-64-R 48P 10GbE SFP+ 4P 40GbE QSFP+ RA Switch picture

Arista DCS-7050SX-64-R 48P 10GbE SFP+ 4P 40GbE QSFP+ RA Switch

$115.00



Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch picture

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch

$46.99



TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed picture

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed

$199.99