-
framebuffer-problem after hdd-install on Toshiba Laptop
Hi
I have made a hdd-install, that works just fine. I have just problems with the framebufferdefinition at the startup. With knoppix from CD it works fine. I enter fb1024x768 at the boot prompt and knoppix uses the full screnn of my laptop.
Now at the hdd-installed version this does not work. I have tried
boot: fb1024x768
or
boot: Linux fb1024x768
without results. I have just a little window and not the full screen. How does that translate to the Debian-Version, so it starts correct?
I do have version 3.6.
Thanks for help.
Juergen
-
Hi
Ich habe mittlerweile weitergesucht und einige ergänzende Feststellungen gemacht. Vielleicht helfen die weiter.
In der /etc/lilo.conf steht vga=791. Wenn ich das verändere, dann ist auch die Console kleiner dargestellt. Mit 791 wird der gane Display genutzt. Das Problem liegt also anscheinend bei KDE. Wie teile ich KDE mit, dass der Display die Größe 1024x768 hat? Ich habe auch mittlereweile 'append=fb1024x768' in der lilo.conf gesetzt. Aber auch das ohne Erfolg.
Kann jemand was mit den Infos anfangen?
Jürgen
-
Senior Member
registered user
Try append to /etc/lilo.cfg
fb1024x768
or
vga=normal
-
[quote="shah"]Try append to /etc/lilo.cfg
fb1024x768
or
vga=normal
No chance. I found the following solution. Start from CD with the framebuffer set and then reinstall. I hadn't done that before. I didn't think it was necassary to have a correct CD-start before installation.
Juergen
-
Senior Member
registered user
You're right.
To avoid having problem after hdd installaton, it is better to include all the necessary cheatcodes when booting from cdrom before running installation.
-
Senior Member
registered user
[quote="mkjtravel"]

Originally Posted by
shah
Try append to /etc/lilo.cfg
fb1024x768
or
vga=normal
No chance. I found the following solution. Start from CD with the framebuffer set and then reinstall. I hadn't done that before. I didn't think it was necassary to have a correct CD-start before installation.
Juergen
Basically this is the same solution. Knoppix appends all the active cheatcode into lilo when it does a HD install. Sometimes this can cause problems, if you have vga=normal as a cheatcode lilo objects because it already has a vga=791 line & it doesn't like repeats.
Similar Threads
-
By pestie in forum Laptops
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-16-2005, 08:19 PM
-
By LinhChau in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-17-2005, 08:23 PM
-
By knu in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 09-13-2003, 02:40 AM
-
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-11-2003, 03:06 PM
-
By gacjr in forum General Support
Replies: 14
Last Post: 08-08-2003, 07:21 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage 1988 APPLE MACINTOSH “3 Stooges” 512K Romsimm AP1127-02 VERY RARE
$399.00

Vintage 1988 Apple Macintosh Plus 1MB M0001A Computer Keyboard WORKING See Video
$225.00

Vintage Apple Rainbow Metal Case Emblem Logo rectangle
$49.99

Vintage Apple iBook G3 12.1” 500MHz 2001 Restored, SSD Upgraded Mac OS 9.2/OS X
$170.00

Lot of 3 VIntage Apple Computer Rainbow Logo Sticker Decal Macintosh 1980s NOS
$7.00

Vintage Apple USB Mouse M4848 Bondi Blue "Hockey Puck" Mac Mouse - Free S/H
$24.99

Vintage Apple Macintosh Plus 1Mb Computer (Model M0001A)
$100.00

vintage Rainbow Apple Logo Mouse Pad-Sealed New
$59.00

Apple Apple IIe Vintage Home Computer System Model Apple IIe
$225.00

Apple Macintosh SE/30 Vintage All-In-One Desktop Computer Model M5119
$350.00