You like to keep your posts short, don't you? No prob, so do I ;-) You did not explain what you have tried, but colinux is definitely usable. See eg this thread.
You like to keep your posts short, don't you? No prob, so do I ;-) You did not explain what you have tried, but colinux is definitely usable. See eg this thread.
I havent try anything. I have no clue what is wrong; it just quits before it starts up.
Are you trying to start knoppix from CD, from a HD install, one of of the ready-made linux images available on th colinux site? If you've got broadband, I'd suggest downloading the Japanaese Knoppix CD linked above.
i am try to boot from linux images from site but colinux when i click it it just quits.
Here is a nice step-by-step guide for coLinux.
http://www.linuxdevcenter.com/pub/a/...ux.html?page=1
Though I have to admit that I have never tried coLinux.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Free Software,Free Speech,Free Society
http://bhavesh.freeshell.org
hi
i cant get it to work on win 200 pro eitherit almost worked once!
and that was it!
![]()
j4m32,
kevstar31 - yes that happens, but it's for a reason.
To start colinux, open up a dos prompt, and go to the colinux directory, then run it with the correct paramaters, I think it's -c config.default.xml
it will give you error messages that way.
Also, make sure your filesystem (e.g. debain) is uncompressed.
You need to provide more details if we are to help. Have you tried starting a knoppix CD, one of the colinux.org-provided images or an existing HD install?Originally Posted by j4m32

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server
$349.99
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99
Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$381.93
Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99
Dell PowerEdge R240 Intel Xeon E-2144G 3.6GHz 16GB DDR4 ECC NO HDD 250W
$149.00
NEW DELL TRUSTED PLATFORM MODULE TPM 2.0 POWEREDGE R730 SERVER M48YR RXW6R K98XH
$225.00
NEW DELL TRUSTED PLATFORM MODULE TPM 2.0 POWEREDGE R730 R630 G13 SERVERS K98XH
$225.00