Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Making sound configuration "stick"

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    61

    Making sound configuration "stick"

    When I did my "knoppix-installer" HD install from 3.6, I did not realize that it was somewhat dependent on whether you had started knoppix with the "alsa" option or not.

    So now, whenever I reboot, I have to first do:
    #cd /etc/init.d
    #./alsa-autoconfig

    and then I have to:
    modprobe snd-az2302

    Is there someway to alter the system to do this automagically? From what research I've done, I'm thinking I need to do "something" with my init scripts for the autoconfig, and "something" with the modprobe.conf file to setup the sound card driver. But I'm not overly clear on the exact "something" I should do in each case, and would like to avoid reinstalling on the machine and blowing away a lot of custom configuration I've done to my xfce desktop.

    Thanks in advance!

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    1
    try this:

    edit the file "/etc/modules-2.4.27" (or -2.6.7, depends on the kernel you are using)
    and add

    snd-az2302

    to the end of the file.

    Then edit the file "/etc/init.d/bootmisc.sh"
    and add

    /etc/init.d/alsa-autoconfig

    to the end of the file.


    I 'think' that should work. There is probably a better way to do this.
    Good luck

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    981
    'Cheatcodes' on a HD install are contained in the 'append=' line in /etc/lilo.conf, so just edit /etc/lilo.conf, add 'alsa' to the list in the 'append=' line then re-run lilo to implement the change. You will have to be root...

  4. #4
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    61
    Quote Originally Posted by boja
    I 'think' that should work. There is probably a better way to do this.

    Good luck
    Had to put the alsa bit before the dma bit in the bootmisc.sh file, but otherwise this worked great.

    Thanks!

Similar Threads

  1. "Save KNOPPIX configuration" and custom fonts
    By gwj in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-13-2005, 08:10 PM
  2. Sound: "No such device" with Debian. It worked wit
    By gooz in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-23-2004, 09:11 PM
  3. How to disable sound "initiating starting sequence"
    By probono in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-08-2004, 09:58 AM
  4. "Foreign" drive formats and "dd" command
    By geebee2000 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-21-2003, 07:29 PM
  5. No Sound - "Sound Blaster Live 5.2 " & Knopp
    By beforewisdom in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-03-2003, 03:24 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM picture

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM

$1499.00



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



Dell PowerEdge R240 Intel Xeon E-2224 3.50GHz 8GB DDR4 ECC NO HDD 250W picture

Dell PowerEdge R240 Intel Xeon E-2224 3.50GHz 8GB DDR4 ECC NO HDD 250W

$285.97



867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001 picture

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001

$245.00



Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD

$378.93



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$409.99



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$524.99



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E6-2699 v3 | 128gb RAM | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E6-2699 v3 | 128gb RAM | 2x 1600W

$899.99



Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD

$99.99



Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM picture

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM

$699.00