-
Cannot start application from desktop (hdd-install)
Hi
I have installed knoppix to my laptop. I have downloaded and installed several programms like firefox and thunderbird. They do start perfectly, if I start them from the console. When I use a link on the desktop, nothing happens. It's a matter of rights. I have set all rights to 777 without any result. Where are 'hidden' rights, that I have not run across yet, that prevent the start. Same if I want to make a link to for example 'mc'. If I right-klick a programm in the menu and move it to the desktop, I can start it without problems.
Any hints
Juergen
Similar Threads
-
By zoukgirl in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-28-2004, 01:01 AM
-
By irsirius in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-25-2004, 07:00 PM
-
By eric2 in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 01-27-2004, 11:54 PM
-
By probono in forum Ideas
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-19-2003, 08:38 PM
-
By garyng in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-25-2003, 08:55 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Genuine IBM ThinkPad Trackpoint Tip Cap Pack 91P8421 NEW OLD STOCK -SEALED - OEM
$8.88

Vintage IBM 5140 PC Convertible Power Supply AC Adapter Charger 2684292 OEM
$29.99

IBM 5763-SS1 R02M00 AS/400 Cumulative PTFS Operating System/400 V3 LOT 6 OEM New
$999.99

2025 NEW Genuine OEM BATTERY for IBM 00Y4643 00Y4594 90Y7689 90Y7632 V3700 V3500
$119.00

IBM OEM Genuine 1969-010 CD Driver Untested
$40.49

IBM Face Plate for OEM IMI 5012H 10MB MFM 5.25" Full Height Hard Disk Drive
$29.99

IBM 6450350 OEM PS/2 2-Button Ball Mouse NEW NOS Made in Japan
$19.99

IBM OEM Model DTTA-371440 14.4 GB 12V 500 A
$70.00

IBM Genuine OEM Network Printer 12 Toner Cartridge 63H3005 Printer Ink - NEW
$119.58

NEW IBM Lenovo T61 14in 4;3 NOT WIDE motherboard T601F FRANKENPAD 44C3924 OEM
$299.95