-
Senior Member
registered user
lyonh,
I have a similar, but in reverse, problem as in your case. I have found that the nodma cheatcode, either in the Live CD, or after I installed v3.4 onto my hard drive, the append= line... I have been using the experimental 2.6.6 kernel, though...
I have two hard drives, a CD-RW, and a DVD device, as peripherals - my second hard drive is the concern, it cant handle DMA, whereas, all the other devices, can... The nodma has never worked, and I had to resolve the issue by adding hdparm commands for all the devices into the bottom of my bootmisc.sh file - to ensure that dma is being set to what I need... i.e. hdparm commands for "setting" dma on all devices, except the second hard drive, and then a hdparm command for disabling the dma on the second hard drive.
From what I can tell, with the 2.6.6 kernel, some cheatcodes, or the append= codes, dont have any effect, while certain ones do. Appears that "tweaking" your system with the 2.6.6 kernel, is not as important as it was in previous releases, I guess, evident by the inability to alter options on the boot, as in previous. Or, these options were added so quickly into the 2.6.6 kernel, that "back-end" code was not inculded to use them yet, I dont know...
Oh well, glad you got it working
Similar Threads
-
By husalah5150 in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-22-2005, 05:06 PM
-
By Lintu in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-20-2005, 06:13 PM
-
By arkaine23 in forum Ideas
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-07-2005, 08:58 PM
-
By kidsatacrux in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 19
Last Post: 08-03-2004, 07:41 AM
-
By knoxx in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-16-2004, 03:04 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡
$119.00

Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P
$149.99

JUNIPER NETWORKS MIST AI AP63-US HIGH PERFORMANCE OUTDOOR ACCESS POINT - WHITE
$59.99

New Juniper SRX345-SYS-JB-2AC Junos Router Firewall Services Gateway 16GbE SFP
$560.15

Juniper EX3400-48T-AFI Ethernet Network Switch 48x1GbE 4x10GbE SFP+ 2x40GbE QSFP
$139.00

Juniper JPSU-1600-C-AC-AFO 1600W AC Power Supply EX4400 AFO Airflow
$155.00

Juniper SRX320 8-Port Security Services Gateway Appliance w/ AC Adapter
$59.99

Juniper EX4600-40F-AFO 24-Port Dual PSU Network Switch
$164.99

Juniper QFX5100-48S-3AFI 48-Port SFP+ 6 QSFP+ 2x SFP/RJ-45 Management
$249.97

New Juniper Networks EX3400-48P 48-Port PoE+ 4-Port SFP+ Ethernet Switch Sealed
$466.65