Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: mysterious kickerrc?

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    14

    mysterious kickerrc?

    Hi,

    I want to customising the KDE pannel ( add some application Button), and after some reseach I think I found the configuration file :

    /mnt/hda2/knx/source/KNOPPIX/etc/skel/.kde/share/config/kickerrc

    I modified it, made a new ISO and burned it. But after I boot from this cd I found nothing changed. So I did a serach under the bootcd environment and found I have two kickerrc:

    /KNOPPIX/etc/skel/.kde/share/config/kickerrc
    /ramdisk/home/knoppix/.kde/share/config/kickerrc

    The first one is the file I modified. The second one is same as the original confirguation before I changed it and obvious this is the one really working. does anyone know where the second one come from? and how can I change it?

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY USA
    Posts
    1,510
    I could be wrong but I think it is the script /etc/X11/Xsession.d/45xsession that controls how Knoppix populates the /home/knoppix files. If you check the script, you will see some lines that contain lines that read like:
    Code:
    rsync -Ha --ignore-existing /etc/skel/{.kde*,Desktop} $HOME/ 2>/dev/null
    It is that those logic blocks & rsync commands that populates the /home/knoppix. I am guessing that in your case, the script is using rsync to copy the config files from another location.
    I hope this helps.
    James

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    14
    Hi UnderScore,

    Thank you very much. turned out when I was customising the Knoppix, I deleted the rsync package.

Similar Threads

  1. Mysterious X crashes with USB named as possible culprit
    By rick_write_taiwan in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-11-2005, 04:25 PM
  2. Wanted! The mysterious openGogear... [SOLVED!]
    By WedDa in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-07-2005, 03:23 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


HYNIX  HMA82GR7DJR8N - XN   3200AA    16GB 288 Pin RDIMM DDR4 Memory picture

HYNIX HMA82GR7DJR8N - XN 3200AA 16GB 288 Pin RDIMM DDR4 Memory

$105.00



SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory picture

SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory

$159.98



TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot picture

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot

$573.98



Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64-Bit USB Flash Drive (HAV-00162) picture

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64-Bit USB Flash Drive (HAV-00162)

$36.99



Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



4x32GB SK Hynix 2Rx4 PC4-3200AA DDR4 ECC RDIMM Server RAM HMA84GR7DJR4N-XN T4 AC picture

4x32GB SK Hynix 2Rx4 PC4-3200AA DDR4 ECC RDIMM Server RAM HMA84GR7DJR4N-XN T4 AC

$799.99



Server Memory: Samsung 32GB 4DRx4 PC4-2133P ECC LRDIMM DDR4 M386A4G40DM0-CPB picture

Server Memory: Samsung 32GB 4DRx4 PC4-2133P ECC LRDIMM DDR4 M386A4G40DM0-CPB

$124.95



16x 8GB DDR4 Desktop RAM Memory Lot 128GB Total PC4 DIMM Mixed Brands picture

16x 8GB DDR4 Desktop RAM Memory Lot 128GB Total PC4 DIMM Mixed Brands

$450.00



Micro SD Adapter To SD HC SDHC Memory Card Adapter Reader NEW picture

Micro SD Adapter To SD HC SDHC Memory Card Adapter Reader NEW

$1.39



SK Hynix 32GB 2RX4 PC4-2666V DDR4 RDIMM Server Memory RAM, HMA84GR7AFR4N-VK picture

SK Hynix 32GB 2RX4 PC4-2666V DDR4 RDIMM Server Memory RAM, HMA84GR7AFR4N-VK

$169.95