Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Newbie-type Question

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    Newbie-type Question

    Hey all, is it possible to save anything from Knoppix onto an NTFS hard drive? For example, I tried to save a .doc file written in OpenOffice to my hard drive, and it told me that the file I was trying to save it as did not exist. Is there something I need to do, or is it even possible? Thanks in advance for your help.

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    33

    Re: Newbie-type Question

    Quote Originally Posted by impure_client
    Hey all, is it possible to save anything from Knoppix onto an NTFS hard drive? For example, I tried to save a .doc file written in OpenOffice to my hard drive, and it told me that the file I was trying to save it as did not exist. Is there something I need to do, or is it even possible? Thanks in advance for your help.
    I believe you need to use Captive-NTFS , it should be on the cd somewhere. I think you still have to be careful when doing so. If you can, make a fat32 partition for swapping files between Linux and windows. Linux can write to Fat without issue.

    Is the drive mounted, and have write permision?

  3. #3
    Yes, the drive is mounted, and any time I try to change the read/write mode, it sends me an error that says the drive is in use, even when no processes are running. If it has a danger of damaging my hard drive, I'll just boot into windows, I was just curious as to whether it was a possibility. Thank you!

Similar Threads

  1. Probably a very newbie question..
    By Schopenhauer101 in forum Networking
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-27-2005, 11:07 AM
  2. newbie question
    By gt300 in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-22-2004, 06:32 PM
  3. An easy newbie question - very newbie
    By Drago in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-21-2003, 10:10 PM
  4. Newbie question
    By linuxfool in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-21-2003, 03:54 AM
  5. How to set tuner type fot bttv? (NEWBIE)
    By faiz in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-18-2003, 07:35 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


VINTAGE 1990 Hayes LANstep Network Computer Operating System v1.00 SEALED NEW picture

VINTAGE 1990 Hayes LANstep Network Computer Operating System v1.00 SEALED NEW

$888.00



Vintage Computer - PC Innovation Intel 486DX2 - Dos Ver 6.2 Windows 3.1 picture

Vintage Computer - PC Innovation Intel 486DX2 - Dos Ver 6.2 Windows 3.1

$250.00



Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New picture

Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New

$75.00



Vintage Microsoft Visual Studio.NET Professional Software suite Version 2002 New picture

Vintage Microsoft Visual Studio.NET Professional Software suite Version 2002 New

$82.00



Vintage 1993 & 1994 Microsoft Home DINOSAURS PC Mac Game Software CD-Rom NEW  picture

Vintage 1993 & 1994 Microsoft Home DINOSAURS PC Mac Game Software CD-Rom NEW

$299.99



Vintage 1991 Applied Engineering AE Sonic Blaster Apple IIGS Sound Card SEALED picture

Vintage 1991 Applied Engineering AE Sonic Blaster Apple IIGS Sound Card SEALED

$699.99



Vintage 2006 Juicy Couture House of Juicy Velour Laptop Sleeve Y2K NWT Rare picture

Vintage 2006 Juicy Couture House of Juicy Velour Laptop Sleeve Y2K NWT Rare

$199.99



SEALED Iomega PCMCIA to Fast SCSI II Adapter Jaz Card & Cable | VINTAGE NEW picture

SEALED Iomega PCMCIA to Fast SCSI II Adapter Jaz Card & Cable | VINTAGE NEW

$169.99



🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2112A 21MX M-SERIES 16-BIT MINICOMPUTER HP picture

🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2112A 21MX M-SERIES 16-BIT MINICOMPUTER HP

$299.99



🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2113A 21MX 1000 E-SERIES MINICOMPUTER CHASSIS BACKPLANE picture

🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2113A 21MX 1000 E-SERIES MINICOMPUTER CHASSIS BACKPLANE

$249.00