-
Getting connected to internet not as root
Hi [email protected], I have a little trouble, I get connected to the internet as root, but I'd like to do it as a limited user, when i run kppp as a limited user, it gets connected, but the problem is that none of the browsers (mozilla, konqueror, etc) display anything but an error (unknown machine or something like that), can anyone help me, anyway thanks a lot
-
Administrator
Site Admin-
You're not giving anyone enough information to help you. For example, when I connect to the Internet, root or not, everything works just fine.
Why is it different for me? Well, I know my situation but nothing about yours. I'm running from CD (as God and Klaus intended), I connected through DSL, I use a home router that takes care of PPPoE and loging me in and such, so I just boot Knoppix (using a few cheat codes), and I'm connected to the Internet through my wired ethernet connection, the router takes care of IP addresses and such by DHCP automagically.
People have gone over most of the issues in getting on the Internet many times in this forum. I suggest first that you scan through the over 1000 articles already posted to see if you can't find that the problem has already been solved. Yea, it takes some time, but it takes people more time if they respond and type what has already been posted, and scanning by subject line is pretty quick and this site even has a search engine. If you can't find the information already posted, give people some idea what your configuration is rather than just posting that Knoppix doesn't work for you the way you expect it.
-
Hello
Do you have a HD Installation or BOOT ?
-
Administrator
Site Admin-

Originally Posted by
javeriano01
Hello
Do you have a HD Installation or BOOT ?
Hello. What part of I'm running from CD do I need to explain? And what kind of choice is HD Installation or BOOT? I have no idea what you mean by BOOT.
Similar Threads
-
By aussiemarine in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 09-07-2005, 12:36 PM
-
By bluemoon in forum Networking
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-12-2005, 02:13 PM
-
By tstrickland in forum Networking
Replies: 6
Last Post: 07-29-2005, 04:16 AM
-
By rusty101 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-07-2004, 08:56 PM
-
By MIB in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-19-2003, 03:46 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11
$374.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo Thinkpad E15 Gen 2 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Intel Core [email protected] Laptop
$220.36

Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Yoga Gen 6 14" 16GB, Storm Gray
$356.80

Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1" WQXGA OLED 165Hz Core i9-14900HX 16GB 1TB RTX 5070
$1469.00

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14" AMD Ryzen 5 16GB 256GB SSD
$219.99

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 G2 14-Inch AMD Ryzen R5 5650U 16GB, 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$398.99

Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3i 15.3" 2K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core 7 350 2026 ...
$679.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo Thinkpad T590 Gen1 8th Core i7 32GB 512GB Touchscreen RJ45 Win 11 Pro
$339.00