Have you tried the CD on another PC to make sure you burned a good image?
Hello,
My Knoppix 3.2 won't boot.
First of all i'm not a newbie in Linux (I've already installed dozens of distros)
When the system boots i only get the message:
I've tried all the options described in help. I always get the same message (several times). I also tried booting from diskete and it's always the same.Code:ide-scsi: CoD !=0 in idescsi_pc_intr![]()
My system is:
Pentium II 233
128 MB RAM
GeForce 2 MX
CD-RW Plextor 16x10x40
Help me please.
Have you tried the CD on another PC to make sure you burned a good image?
Did you try "knoppix noscsi" at boot? Did you also try "knoppix failsafe"? If so, what happened?
You can consider me a total noob to this, but I would like to add my 2 cents. I downloaded Knoppix 3.3 and tried to run it with the same problem (ide-scsi: CoD !=0 in idescsi_pc_intr over and over). I also tried Penguin Sleuth version 7-5-2003 (I believe it uses the 3.2 version of Knoppix). That also crashes in much the same way. I have tried noscsi and failsafe to no avail. Both seem to hang up on the IDE CD-ROM drives. The only thing that made me wonder was the fact that I use a Serial-ATA hard drive. I disabled serial-ATA all together in the BIOS, but it did not have an effect. I have tried both CD drives (same channel master and slave) to no effect.
One other thing that it griped at me about was my IRQs. It said that there was a conflict that I should resolve by setting my IRQs in the BIOS (they are PNP right now). A PCI device failed to load because of that (I think), but I didn't figure that to be the main problem.
Sorry I couldn't give an answer to this problem, but I figured maybe my situation would help diagnose the problem. I know this is late (a year after the original post), but maybe someone has found the problem by now.

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
VMware vCenter Server 8 STANDARD Perpetual License Key VC-STD-C (Legacy Pack)
$1599.95
Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server
$349.99
Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99
Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$381.93
Supermicro 2U GPU Server SYS-2029GP-TR 2x Xeon 6130 32C 6x PCIe 3.0 x16 Slots
$745.00
Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003
$639.69
RDS CAL - Remote Desktop Services Windows Server 2022 50 User/Device Connections
$68.00