How do I use Dselect win LiveCD mode? I always get "dselect: unable to open/create access method lockfile
"
How do I use Dselect win LiveCD mode? I always get "dselect: unable to open/create access method lockfile
"
To install software from live CD you have to use have a persistent home installed & use klik. Normal packge installer like dselect & apt-get will not work because the CD read readonly & the whole operating system is contained in a non-editable compressed file.
There's no way to use a trick similar to the one at http://csciapps.northeaststate.edu/k...tration.html#1 ?
Hmmm. I hadn't seen that how to.
It might be possible to make it work, however you would have to make links to every directory where the new application has files...all libraries, executables, etc. The links to the new /etc, usr/bin /usr/lib et al directories containing the new application files would have to append to, not replace, the existing directories or else your existing applications would not work.
I think this is essentially how klik applications work but I could be wrong on this. Check the information on klik, there may be some hints as to how to make your own klik-type installations.
How klik works: First, it determines (using serverside-apt) what packages must be downloaded. Then it downloads and unpacks the deb files to a directory. Then, it patches all binaries to use relative rather than absolute paths for /usr. Also, it creates links from the AppDir to the "real" files, if needed. Finally, it creates a wrapper that sets the paths as required and then runs the app.
In principle, you should be able to "install" all packages that way, at least all that are in debian, by using klik://replacethisbythenameofanyapplication - but some packages need "hand-tuning" after installation....
Greetings,
probono

Apple Computer cards VTG 670-8020-B 607-0103-C 607-0291-C AST -Orange Micro ++
$169.00
Vintage Apple Monitor IIc 9" Green Monochrome 06/1985 A2M4090 October 1984 Stand
$275.00
Vintage Apple II Avant-Garde Creations Super Shape Draw And Animate 1981
$295.00
Vintage Apple iBook G3 12.1” 500MHz 2001 Restored, SSD Upgraded Mac OS 9.2/OS X
$180.00
Rare Vintage Macintosh Apple Wooden Disk Storage Box Dovetailed
$69.95
LARGE LOT Vintage Apple Macintosh Mouse Cables Accessories SCSI etc - UNTESTED
$80.00
Vintage Apple Rainbow Metal Case Emblem Logo rectangle
$49.99
Vintage Apple Macintosh Performa 6300CD M3076 Powers On Chimes Untested As Is
$99.00
Vintage Apple Multiple Scan 15av Display Monitor M4681
$299.99
Apple cloth fabric banner iBook bondi blue orange NOS Vintage
$99.00