-
Video corruption in all media players
I am relatively new to Linux, have been playing around with Knoppix Linux for a few weeks now, but there is this nagging problem that has been bothering me:
I have severe video corruption in Xine and other players trying to play certain relatively low res (320x240) MPEG2 videos. I have tried changing the video plugin, and changing various other video settings, and running with the Nvidia drivers (I have GeForce FX chipset) does not solve the problem either. I have played Higher res AVIs with few problems in the players, I don't understand why this problem is occuring. I have checked the logs, it has the appropriate plugins available. While not a supercomputer, my specs should be more than sufficient for playing MPEG2 files (video playback is fine in XP):
AMD Athlon XP 2600+
768 MB PC2700 DDR 133 MHz
120 GB Seagate 5200 RPM drive
Nvidia GeForce FX 5200 128 MB
Also, I decided to load Knoppix Linux into memory by using the 'toram' boot parameter, but instead of speeding up, my speed took a massive nosedive.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am having fun playing around with and learning Linux, save for these few problems. Thank you in advance.
-
Senior Member
registered user
I can see why is would slow down, when you load it to memory you only have 68 megs for programs and ramdisk left.
Also, the low-res might be useing a differnt codec that wasn't stated
-

Originally Posted by
firebyrd10
I can see why is would slow down, when you load it to memory you only have 68 megs for programs and ramdisk left.
Also, the low-res might be useing a differnt codec that wasn't stated
I should have elaborated...this happens while I'm running off the CD...I actually had to to a hard re-boot of my system when I loaded it into RAM, Knoppix had become IBM AT/XT era slow, and completely locked up.
Similar Threads
-
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-09-2006, 05:28 PM
-
By Albretch in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-26-2005, 09:33 PM
-
By ExoduS in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 08-18-2004, 07:45 AM
-
By nomex in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 07-05-2003, 06:02 PM
-
By Koga in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-11-2003, 12:07 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95

🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2112A 21MX M-SERIES 16-BIT MINICOMPUTER HP
$299.99

Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used
$55.99

🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2113A 21MX 1000 E-SERIES MINICOMPUTER CHASSIS BACKPLANE
$249.00

5 Vintage Apple Newton Stickers – Original Apple Memorabilia
$15.00

Vintage 64MB EDO Laptop RAM Lot 144-Pin LGS Hyundai HB56UW264D8-6L 60ns
$19.49

Vintage Computer Devices Teleterm 1030 APL ASCII Printing Terminal (73)
$1749.99

Vintage Computer Manuals and Disks - Windows 3.1, Epson, Quicken, and more
$101.99

HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer
$224.72

Vintage Hewlett Packard HP 13181-60074 Circuit Card Assembly / Interface Board.
$135.37