Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: OpenOffice settings location

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    12

    OpenOffice settings location

    I am trying to customize a Knoppix live CD and am unable to get any default settings to work in OpenOffice. I have found the /home/knoppix/office folder that is created after office is first opened. I tried to copy this entire folder. When I restart the system and copy this folder into the home directory I get the following errors when I open OpenOffice:

    No resource: Error message not available
    Function: 'Copy_Readme_File' Line: 56

    No resource: Error message not available
    Function: 'Readme_Javaconfig' Line: 56

    No resource: Error message not available
    Function: 'KDEInst' Line: 56

    No resource: Error message not available
    Function: 'GnomeInstall' Line: 56

    I am only trying to change the default my documents folder and save as types. Is ther a single file that I can copy instead?

    Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

  2. #2
    the openoffice settings are in:

    /home/knoppix/.openoffice
    /home/knoppix/.sversionrc


    The best thing that you can do is, remove these directory/file, open openoffice, and save your personal settings. (from you remaster, using chroot)


    Good Luck

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    12
    neither of those folders/files are created. Only the /home/knoppix/office folder.

    I tried deleting this folder. Then opening OOo and making my changes to the settings. Closing the program. And finally copying the files.

Similar Threads

  1. boot.img location?
    By dkennedy in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-28-2004, 02:43 PM
  2. Where is the location of the programs that are installed
    By david90schr in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-27-2004, 11:52 AM
  3. dhcpd.conf in another location?
    By activeco in forum Networking
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-11-2003, 05:16 PM
  4. Location of configuration files
    By prawira in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-28-2003, 09:40 AM
  5. Location of .profile .bshrc ????????
    By marcdevon in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-17-2003, 10:12 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates picture

1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates

$36.00



Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503 picture

Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503

$109.99



Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer picture

Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer

$2999.99



Vintage Early Week 12 1984 Apple Macintosh 128K Computer M0001 w/Analog Board+ picture

Vintage Early Week 12 1984 Apple Macintosh 128K Computer M0001 w/Analog Board+

$209.99



Extron RGB-160XI Analog Computer Video 60-378-01 picture

Extron RGB-160XI Analog Computer Video 60-378-01

$127.06



Vintage Analog Computing Magazines For Atari Computer Owners No 11-20 Acceptable picture

Vintage Analog Computing Magazines For Atari Computer Owners No 11-20 Acceptable

$75.00



Vintage Goodyear Electronic GEDA Analog Computer Plug -- Extremely Rare picture

Vintage Goodyear Electronic GEDA Analog Computer Plug -- Extremely Rare

$179.00



1950 High Speed Computers Analog ENIAC UNIVAC EDVAC IBM SSEC Relay Logic Tubes picture

1950 High Speed Computers Analog ENIAC UNIVAC EDVAC IBM SSEC Relay Logic Tubes

$65.00



vintage internal ISA Dial-Up Modem from the Accura 28.8 series. 5617us picture

vintage internal ISA Dial-Up Modem from the Accura 28.8 series. 5617us

$13.99



Packard Bell ISA Sound Card AD1845XP Analog Devices SoundPort DOS Win95 Untested picture

Packard Bell ISA Sound Card AD1845XP Analog Devices SoundPort DOS Win95 Untested

$25.46