It seems to only happen with sounds cards that aren't entirly supported.Originally Posted by MasterRyu
Of course I could be wrong but thats what going with me.
I don't know if this is an acknowledged bug in Knoppix Linux or not, but I have noticed that Knoppix seems to only support sound from one application at a time, (ie. watching a video and therefore hearing no sound while playing Chromium. Has anybody else observed this problem?
It seems to only happen with sounds cards that aren't entirly supported.Originally Posted by MasterRyu
Of course I could be wrong but thats what going with me.
to support sound from more than one application at a time you must use a sound server, for KDE this is aRts. Set up to use arts in the sound section of KDE control centre, be sure to also set Konqueror->settings->configure konqueror->plugins->netscape plugins window/plugins tab 'use artsdsp to pipe plugins through aRts' checkbox to 'yes'. You will also have to install xmms-arts plugin & configure xmms to output to it. Other multimedia applications may need similar plugins.

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00
Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD
$119.99
Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99
Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB
$149.99
NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER
$1499.97
Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays
$799.99
LOT (8) Cisco UCS UCSB-B200-M5 2x6248R 24 core 3.0G 24x64g DDR4-2933 ram
$112000.00
Cisco B200 M3 2x E5-2670V2 10 Core 8x 16GB-128GB Ram Blade Server VIC1240 14900R
$399.00
Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$96.60
Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5" 2x PERC 8, 2xCMC, I/O 1GB Pass Through, 4x PS
$578.08