Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Installing AIM

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    19

    Installing AIM

    Hi,

    I'm new to Linux and I have a question about installing Aol Instant Messager. My first question is I don't know which file to download and install. Second, is there a better program that I could use for messaging? Thanks for your assistance.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    949
    Gaim has full support for all the major IMing networks.

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    19
    Does that come with Knoppix or do I have to download that?

    Thanks.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    120
    Quote Originally Posted by bsaber
    Does that come with Knoppix or do I have to download that?

    Thanks.
    I do believe it comes with knoppix, however, in the case it doesn't, it's a simple apt-get install away
    Code:
    apt-get install gaim

  5. #5
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    19
    Thanks a lot. I found it in the internet menu.

Similar Threads

  1. installing knoppix vs installing Linux from scratch
    By jza in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-03-2003, 11:30 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure picture

WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure

$119.99



Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004 picture

Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004

$649.99



OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2  for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs picture

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs

$87.99



Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003 picture

Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003

$639.69



2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2

$75.99



Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5

Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array

$55.00



Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller picture

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller

$64.99



Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV picture

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV

$18.95



CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go picture

CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go

$75.00



Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD picture

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD

$265.00