Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Installing AIM

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    19

    Installing AIM

    Hi,

    I'm new to Linux and I have a question about installing Aol Instant Messager. My first question is I don't know which file to download and install. Second, is there a better program that I could use for messaging? Thanks for your assistance.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    949
    Gaim has full support for all the major IMing networks.

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    19
    Does that come with Knoppix or do I have to download that?

    Thanks.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    120
    Quote Originally Posted by bsaber
    Does that come with Knoppix or do I have to download that?

    Thanks.
    I do believe it comes with knoppix, however, in the case it doesn't, it's a simple apt-get install away
    Code:
    apt-get install gaim

  5. #5
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    19
    Thanks a lot. I found it in the internet menu.

Similar Threads

  1. installing knoppix vs installing Linux from scratch
    By jza in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-03-2003, 11:30 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor picture

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor

$39.00



Intel Core i5-11500 2.70 GHz LGA 1200 Desktop CPU Processor SRKNY picture

Intel Core i5-11500 2.70 GHz LGA 1200 Desktop CPU Processor SRKNY

$94.99



Intel Core i5-10500 SRH3A 3.10GHz 6-Core LGA1200 CPU Desktop Processor picture

Intel Core i5-10500 SRH3A 3.10GHz 6-Core LGA1200 CPU Desktop Processor

$80.00



Intel Core i9-13900K Processor (5.8 GHz, 24 Cores, LGA 1700) picture

Intel Core i9-13900K Processor (5.8 GHz, 24 Cores, LGA 1700)

$320.00



Intel Core i7-7700 Kaby Lake Quad-Core 3.6 GHz Processor LGA 1151 picture

Intel Core i7-7700 Kaby Lake Quad-Core 3.6 GHz Processor LGA 1151

$39.99



Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor picture

Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor

$69.99



Intel Core i7-7700T 2.9GHz 8MB Socket LGA1151 Quad Core Processor SR339 picture

Intel Core i7-7700T 2.9GHz 8MB Socket LGA1151 Quad Core Processor SR339

$39.99



Intel Core i9-9900 | SRG18 | 3.10 GHz | 8 Cores | LOT OF 10 picture

Intel Core i9-9900 | SRG18 | 3.10 GHz | 8 Cores | LOT OF 10

$1505.77



COMBO: ASUS Prime H370M-PLUS MOTHERBOARD + i5-9400F CPU /w Heatsink + 16GB DDR4 picture

COMBO: ASUS Prime H370M-PLUS MOTHERBOARD + i5-9400F CPU /w Heatsink + 16GB DDR4

$169.95



Corsair RM750e 750W Fully Modular 80 Plus Gold ATX 3.1 PSU Certified Refurbished picture

Corsair RM750e 750W Fully Modular 80 Plus Gold ATX 3.1 PSU Certified Refurbished

$44.99