-

Originally Posted by
audioaficionado
Since I can only floppy boot, I don't need a bootable CD.
All I have to do is burn another CD-R with those additial script files in the Knoppix folder, use my same boot floppy and I should be good to go?
That 100% correct!
I use the same method for the opposite reason. My girlfriend's notebook has no floppy drive, so persistent home on CD is the only chance to save the configuration etc.
@ Thor:
"I have ntfs on my hard drive could I use a USB burner as a mountable drive?"
I guess it should work, but you will have no fun with it's performance.
If the USB burner can act like an USB pen drive (with RWs of course) you can
give it a try.
(If you try it, please post the results - I'm curious about it.
)
Matthias
Similar Threads
-
By dargaud in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-12-2004, 07:21 PM
-
By spydie in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-23-2003, 12:09 PM
-
By pnti in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-07-2003, 12:27 AM
-
By dboffin in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-19-2003, 07:20 PM
-
By Phredd in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 4
Last Post: 12-22-2002, 02:49 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Seagate ST6000NM0115 6TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive
$159.99

Hitachi HUS726060ALA640 6TB 7.2K SATA 3.5 6G HDD Hard Disc Drive
$109.99

HUS726060ALA640 HGST Ultrastar 6TB SATA 6Gbps 7.2K 3.5" Hard Drive OF21860
$129.99

Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5" SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive
$24.99

Hitachi / HGST Travelstar HTS541010B7E610 1TB 2.5" SATA III HDD
$29.99

HGST HUS724040ALA640 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.5" Internal Desktop Drive 100% Health
$78.00

HITACHI ULTRASTAR 2TB 7.2K 6G 3.5INCH SATA HDD HUS724020ALA640 | TESTED WIPED
$34.95

SEAGATE EXOS 4TB 7.2K 12Gb/s 3.5" 128MB Cach SAS ST4000NM0125 HDD hard drive
$59.99

Seagate 14TB Exos X14 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s 256MB 3.5" Enterprise HDD ST14000NM0408
$354.99

HGST Ultrastar HUS726040AL5210 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s Enterprise HDD
$41.00