As far as I can work out it saves the entire knoppix directory, but you would need to try it and see. Some things in the KDE desktop config it seems to save and others it doesn't. For example if you change the wallpaper it stays changed when I reboot, but if I disable the clock and keyboard icon in the taskbar it isn't disabled when I reboot.

> How about if you use the F2 cheat code 'knoppix desktop=icewm"? Will > it save the other WM or KDE only?[/quote]

[quote="audioaficionado"]
Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
Quote Originally Posted by A. Jorge Garcia
Just one question, just what does KNOPPIX persistent home 0.4 do????
KPH 0.4 allows you to store your /ramdisk/home/knoppix settings onto your hard disk. Previously the user had to save the settings to a floppy using the saveconfig program or from the menu in KNOPPIX.

KPH 0.4 sets up a mountable file on an existing linux partition, when you reboot KPH 0.4 will restore your KDE desktop settings. In theory KPH 0.4 can be modified to allow you to save anything to the hard disk.