Quote Originally Posted by Phredd
One other piece of the puzzle...I DO NOT have a floppy drive on the laptop Im trying to do this with...I think that is my problem...to use this do you have to have the new $HOME media, the Knoppix CDROM *and* the floppy?

Can someone shed some light on this?

Id like to be able to do this *without* a floppy disk (drive). Not possible?
Quote Originally Posted by monkymind
To use it with the standard Knoppix CD you need a floppy drive and enter the "knoppix floppyconf" command on bootup.

You can also burn a new CD with the "Persistent home" scripts on it. I've newer tried this so I don't know what steps are involved. (pretty sure its fairly quick & easy compared to a remaster though).
Update
Making a Persistent Home CD was even easier than I'd orginally thought

1) Copy all files and folders from Knoppix CD to an empty directory
2) Copy "knx_persisten_home" and "knoppix.sh" to the /KNOPPIX directory
3) Burn bootable CD using "boot-en.img" as the boot image data

Runs beautifully

seeya
rob