-
Gave it a whirl!!!
Rob,
I did as you suggested and burned a cd...
It starts up...gives the penguin picture and says I cant find the cdrom now...so Im going to give you a mini linux prompt which you cant do crap from. It then gives me a list of 7-10 programs it can run. Nice touch - giving me a prompt even tho *I* screwed up...
I did give it the boot .img (otherwise I never would not have gotten that far).
I did check the cd within windows to verify the files were all there...further I did not error out within Nero when burning the cdrom.
The *ONLY* thing I can find that is different is that the CD volume name on my disk was "KNOPPIX" where the it calls for "Knoppix". My Nero version will NOT allow me to use lower case CD volume names. Is that my problem? Im going to find another cdburner program that will allow me to use lower case names....can someone verify that Knoppix is sensitive to the volume label? If so, is there a technical reason to enforce the CD label name?
Thx all! MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!! Ho! Ho! Ho's...for everyone!
Similar Threads
-
By dargaud in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-12-2004, 07:21 PM
-
By spydie in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-23-2003, 12:09 PM
-
By pnti in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-07-2003, 12:27 AM
-
By dboffin in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-19-2003, 07:20 PM
-
By Phredd in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 4
Last Post: 12-22-2002, 02:49 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57

Knoppix NSM 1.2
$8.00

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM
$7.00

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.58