It can't be yet in the docs. Its not even in Knoppix, yet. As it was "just"Originally Posted by ahfoo
developed.
Yeah, it does copy the whole cdrom to RAM, so you can eject it afterwards.
cu
Fabian
It can't be yet in the docs. Its not even in Knoppix, yet. As it was "just"Originally Posted by ahfoo
developed.
Yeah, it does copy the whole cdrom to RAM, so you can eject it afterwards.
cu
Fabian
I was looking for it in the cheat code sheet. Okay, I'm on the same page now. I'm so excited to try this, but sadly I have to wait to get some more RAM.
But being impatient, I'm wondering about using a smaller knoppix distro as I could definitely afford another 250megs by the end of the week. I looked at tiny distro, but I'm thinking more along the lines of one of the smaller Morphix packages.
By the way, you folks might be interested in an article over at EETimes today. It announces the Dragon processor which is a native Chinese CPU. The interesting thing is that the company that is marketing it intends it to run a distro from Transmeta that seems to also run in RAMDisk and is loaded from Flash memory. At least that's how it looked to me.
You may want to look at knoppix kde it's only 457mb for the iso so that saves at least 250mb right there and now that I'm thinking I got enough ram I may just give it a try.Originally Posted by ahfoo
Wow looks pretty neat. I hope this makes its way into a future Knoppix release.

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00
KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99
Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99
KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99
VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85
$8.00
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42
$7.00
Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$34.01