Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: kmail and hotmail configuration

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    21

    kmail and hotmail configuration

    I may be a moron, but I can't figure out how to configure my kmail so I can access my hotmail account. I have another email account that I have successfully configured because I knew the smtp and pop3 servers. Any help?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    981
    I don't think you can access hotmail through your email program, I thought you had to access it through your web browser, in which case just set a bookmark to hotmail login & check all the automatic logon checks you can find.

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    42
    as far as i know, outlook has a plugin to acess hotmail, both owned by Micro$oft. I think Tightarse Gates would have somthing to say about using something of his with something so wonderful as Gnu-Knoppix/Linux.

    kwazy.co uk, are giving free pop3 accounts which kmail can download from, but no smtp, so you will have to use the Smail server on Knoppix to send anything.

  4. #4
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    England
    Posts
    30
    Try this:

    http://hotwayd.sourceforge.net/

    I used it myself for a while.

Similar Threads

  1. KMail 1.8.1 and passwords...
    By pgk3734 in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-04-2005, 08:22 AM
  2. Help me set up Kmail
    By Ezor in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-22-2004, 09:29 PM
  3. Hotmail support for kmail
    By hojit in forum Ideas
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-15-2004, 05:07 AM
  4. hotmail email accout.. connection refused..
    By wmcn in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-06-2004, 04:13 PM
  5. Smail in Kmail
    By willywalker in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-04-2004, 11:24 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT picture

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT

$7.99



Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter picture

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter

$27.50



NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping* picture

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*

$24.00



Cisco Meraki MA-SFP-1GB-SX Network Tranceiver Module picture

Cisco Meraki MA-SFP-1GB-SX Network Tranceiver Module

$89.00



Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver picture

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver

$5.40



New Open Box Lot of (5) Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR-S 10Gig Transceivers 10-3105-01 picture

New Open Box Lot of (5) Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR-S 10Gig Transceivers 10-3105-01

$84.99



Arista SFP-10G-SR 10gbase-SR transceiver SFP+ (XVR-00001-02) picture

Arista SFP-10G-SR 10gbase-SR transceiver SFP+ (XVR-00001-02)

$9.00



HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port  PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+ picture

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+

$16.99



HP 557SFP+ ETHERNET 10GB 2 PORT 792834-001 788991-001 HIGH    LOT OF 10 picture

HP 557SFP+ ETHERNET 10GB 2 PORT 792834-001 788991-001 HIGH LOT OF 10

$70.00



SFP QSFP Transceivers Programmer allows to corning and (re)programming sfp code picture

SFP QSFP Transceivers Programmer allows to corning and (re)programming sfp code

$108.09