Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 13 of 13

Thread: Prism2 Wireless Support

  1. #11
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    872
    how did you setup the WEP password stuff ? My experience is that unless the WEB/ESSID is setup correctly(so the card can talk with the router at that level), pump would fail.

    I didn't use wlan-ng so I don't know how it would be done for your card.

    For my orinoco silver, I just did :

    iwconfig eth0 essid "my essid set on the router" key "sxxxx"

    where xxxxx is a 5 char(WEP 40 bit) key. The "s:" is important as that is the only way I can specify the hex key format(xxxxx).

  2. #12
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    6
    Ok, thanks for all your help so far. There are still sevreal problems though. When I run the commands that Probo suggests, I get the error "insmod: driver not installed". This *is* different to what I was getting before, so I am hopeful.

    When I try manjo's "wlcardconfig" I get a "error: no wireless cards found".

    I hope I can get this to work! Thanks for your help so far!

  3. #13
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,353
    Quote Originally Posted by garyng
    how did you setup the WEP password stuff ? My experience is that unless the WEB/ESSID is setup correctly(so the card can talk with the router at that level), pump would fail.

    I didn't use wlan-ng so I don't know how it would be done for your card.

    For my orinoco silver, I just did :

    iwconfig eth0 essid "my essid set on the router" key "sxxxx"

    where xxxxx is a 5 char(WEP 40 bit) key. The "s:" is important as that is the only way I can specify the hex key format(xxxxx).
    Yeah, my Orinoco Gold card works fine when I put in the WEP key with wlcardconfig or iwconfig but neither of these work with this prism2 based usb adapter. I'll keep working on it I guess.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-15-2005, 03:21 AM
  2. best wireless support.
    By pureone in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-18-2004, 01:54 AM
  3. wireless card support
    By repwatuso in forum Ideas
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-18-2004, 07:03 PM
  4. IBM R50p wireless support
    By Sparticat in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-02-2004, 04:57 AM
  5. Wireless Support on Knoppix
    By andymadigan in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-14-2003, 12:19 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Samsung DVI to DVI Cable 6 ft Digital Video Interface Audio Video NEW picture

Samsung DVI to DVI Cable 6 ft Digital Video Interface Audio Video NEW

$30.89



Samsung Galaxy View Tablet 18.4 SM-T670/677A Digitizer 100% Original Oem picture

Samsung Galaxy View Tablet 18.4 SM-T670/677A Digitizer 100% Original Oem

$152.99



Samsung Galaxy Book4 Edge 15.6” FHD Snapdragon X 16GB 512GB Copilot+ picture

Samsung Galaxy Book4 Edge 15.6” FHD Snapdragon X 16GB 512GB Copilot+

$499.99



Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 3/  64 gig/WIFI picture

Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 3/ 64 gig/WIFI

$85.00



Kids Case for Samsung Galaxy Tab A9+/A9 plus 11 Inch 2023 Case, with Strap, Shoc picture

Kids Case for Samsung Galaxy Tab A9+/A9 plus 11 Inch 2023 Case, with Strap, Shoc

$27.99



Samsung JC95-01514A Cover-Side Roller T2 Compatible picture

Samsung JC95-01514A Cover-Side Roller T2 Compatible

$39.00



Samsung JC93-01078A Transfer Roller T2 picture

Samsung JC93-01078A Transfer Roller T2

$89.00



Samsung PC4-2666V 16GB 2Rx8 RAM DDR4 2666MHz M471A2K43CB1-CTD picture

Samsung PC4-2666V 16GB 2Rx8 RAM DDR4 2666MHz M471A2K43CB1-CTD

$59.99



USB C to Type C Cable Fast Charger For Samsung Galaxy S8 S9 S10 Plus Note 10 12 picture

USB C to Type C Cable Fast Charger For Samsung Galaxy S8 S9 S10 Plus Note 10 12

$5.00



2GB RAM Upgrade for Laptops Apple Macbooks 2009 2010 2011 2012 DDR3 PC3 12800s  picture

2GB RAM Upgrade for Laptops Apple Macbooks 2009 2010 2011 2012 DDR3 PC3 12800s

$4.00