Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: HP Desk Jet 810C Install Problem

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    79

    HP Desk Jet 810C Install Problem

    Hi all,
    I installed Knoppix on a Compaq Persario 5660 with two HD's and 128Mg of mem. It has a 400MHz processor. It work really great an I really like the OS.

    However, here is the problem. When I try to add my HP Desk Jet 810C to the OS the CUPs program does not see or recognize my parallel port. The configuration program see's the USB ports which the 810 cannot use, but not my parallel port.

    I do not have this problem with BLAG (Fedora 1) Linux or Win2K. The parallel port is recognized with BLAG Linux and the printing works well.

    I have apt-get paraport and all the latest HP recommended drivers to no avail. I have unistalled and reinstalled all apps that deal with the printer. I also have the latest and greatest updated CUP's version. I still cannot get the add new printer class config program to recognize the parallel port. Does anyone have a cure or answer to this problem? I am at wit's end and have run out of ideas to correct this problem.

    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thank you,
    Paul

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    949
    http://www.linuxprinting.org/printing-faq.html#q_6_1

    Says, here that sometimes the port can't be detected unless the Plug and Play Bios feature is turned off.

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    83

    Re: HP Desk Jet 810C Install Problem

    Sorry, don't have any particular help but I recently installed my HP deskjet 810C on the current Mepis 2004.03 (which is based on knoppix) and it works fine using cups. I have also exported the printer via samba and can print to it from my windows pc. I didn't have to fiddle with any BIOS settings.

Similar Threads

  1. HD DVD-install problem: LILO refuses to install
    By fadeh in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-30-2005, 04:51 PM
  2. Knoppix desk top not comming up on boot
    By ljrjlr in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-03-2005, 12:34 PM
  3. hdd install problem - please help
    By vgramanathan in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-19-2005, 03:17 PM
  4. Another HD install problem
    By foraker_p in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-01-2004, 12:54 AM
  5. Install Problem
    By NoviceW in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-23-2004, 07:17 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Apple 40W Dynamic Power Adapter 60W Max for iPhone/iPad/AirPods/MacBooks OEM picture

Apple 40W Dynamic Power Adapter 60W Max for iPhone/iPad/AirPods/MacBooks OEM

$17.99



apple oem cube 5w charger  picture

apple oem cube 5w charger

$6.99



Genuine Apple Power Adapter Extension Cable 6FT White OEM MacBook MK122LL/A picture

Genuine Apple Power Adapter Extension Cable 6FT White OEM MacBook MK122LL/A

$10.99



OEM Apple Data Migration Toolkit for A1706 A1707 MacBook Pro PN 076-00236 picture

OEM Apple Data Migration Toolkit for A1706 A1707 MacBook Pro PN 076-00236

$549.99



Genuine OEM Apple MagSafe 2 45W AC Adapter Charger for Macbook Air 2015 11

Genuine OEM Apple MagSafe 2 45W AC Adapter Charger for Macbook Air 2015 11" 13"

$14.24



OEM 45w T-Tip Power Adapter charger for Apple macbook air 2012-2017 A1436 A1466 picture

OEM 45w T-Tip Power Adapter charger for Apple macbook air 2012-2017 A1436 A1466

$19.99



OEM 45W Charger For Apple MacBook Air 11-inch 13-inch Early 2012 2013 2014 2015 picture

OEM 45W Charger For Apple MacBook Air 11-inch 13-inch Early 2012 2013 2014 2015

$26.98



OEM Apple 45W A1436 Power Charger AC Adapter for MacBook Air MagSafe 2 picture

OEM Apple 45W A1436 Power Charger AC Adapter for MacBook Air MagSafe 2

$12.99



Genuine OEM Apple 70W USB-C Power Adapter picture

Genuine OEM Apple 70W USB-C Power Adapter

$34.99



Lot of 100 OEM Apple Magsafe 2 45W AC Adapter A1436 with Power Cable - Grade D picture

Lot of 100 OEM Apple Magsafe 2 45W AC Adapter A1436 with Power Cable - Grade D

$339.99