I have just apt-got Flightgear. No indicated problems with the install, however when I try to run it (/usr/games/fgfl) it errors "Segmentation Fault" . No other error messages.
How do I troubleshoot this?
I have just apt-got Flightgear. No indicated problems with the install, however when I try to run it (/usr/games/fgfl) it errors "Segmentation Fault" . No other error messages.
How do I troubleshoot this?
Well this is probably of no help but the latest flightgear does work for me on Debian SID. Do you have 3D acceleration? Not even sure if that's a requirement......
Yes, I have 3D accel...it's just the standard i810 card but it should a least work. Do you get any error messages? What is a segmentation fault?Originally Posted by mzilikazi
No error messages at all. Now if I just knew how to get that plane to take off.
http://cs-www.bu.edu/help/unix/segmentation_fault.html
do you have a message when you boot up about passing an unknown mode? Just a thought that it may have something to do with the i810 chipset. I was having some problems with that earlier.
I did have, that message is caused by Knoppix using vga=791 as a default, using vga=normal either as a cheatcode or in lilo.conf cures it.Originally Posted by sgtdawg

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$115.00
Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$12.99
Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise 40 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License FPP
$299.00
OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00
ZimaBoard 2 1664 Home Server 16GB
$350.00
1U Rackmount PC Intel Core i5-2520M 8GB RAM 500GB HDD Ubuntu Linux Server
$109.99
All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive
$15.95
Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU
$649.00
SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA
$284.99
Sun Enterprise e450 400mhz cpu(x4), 4gb ram, 9gb HD w/spud most complete on ebay
$500.00