-
Junior Member
registered user
knoppix... gateway or router?
Hi there, I have a network at home, and I use a cable connection to access the internet. I have one computer that's running knoppix right now, and it has 3 nics on it.
cable modem---(eth2)---|Knoppix|---(eth0)---[uplink on router 1 (ovislink)]
--------------------------------| box |---(eth1)---[uplink on router 2 (dlink)]
I have 2 routers/hubs that have 1 uplink and 4 ports on them, (1 ovislink and 1 dlink) I was wondering if I could connect the modem to one of the nics on knoppix, and have the other two nics connected to the uplink on the routers. Basically so any pc connected to the router/s could access the internet, and each other if possible...
so how would I go about accomplishing this??? I know how to do it with windows, but I don't want to use windows. Any help or comments would be appreciated.
Similar Threads
-
By mwdowns in forum Laptops
Replies: 30
Last Post: 01-31-2005, 08:22 PM
-
By SideWynder in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-21-2003, 11:41 PM
-
By melo in forum The Lounge
Replies: 4
Last Post: 11-11-2003, 09:40 PM
-
By orcsoul in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-14-2003, 07:57 AM
-
By djm in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-20-2003, 02:07 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99

EMC KTN-SL3 15-Bay Disk Array Enclosure w/2x 303-108-000E Cards, Dual PSU,No HDD
$239.99

Broadcom MegaRAID 9480-8e Fujitsu PRAID EP540e SAS RAID Card (Replac 9380-8e) 8i
$228.00

G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only
$200.00

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00
$1619.19

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95

NVME M.2 Adapter Card PCIE X16 Splitter Expansion Controller 4-Disk Soft RAID
$24.43

Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board
$300.00

Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004
$649.99