-
Junior Member
registered user
Copy of Knoppix from inside Knoppix
Hello,
I have read suggestions of making multiple copies from an ISO file, or, if one has the CD and not the file, of installing Knoppix on the HD (compressed) and running it from there.
I have a CD-ROM and a CD-RW drive. I don't want to change my partitions - actually I want, but imagine the case I had a crash, or a small hard disk. Is there a way to make a backup copy of the CD?
On the fly copy works, but I assume it isn't a good idea to try to make an exact copy by reading from the device while Knoppix is running from the same device. Am I right?
But the files on the CD are still readable as files - or would this also confuse some programs or cause some overhead that will lock the system? Maybe it is possible to "construct" the CD on the fly? (I don't really know if this is possible.)
Another idea was to take or to make a minimal distribution (but which can read and write CD-R) that runs from the memory, but it would be nice if it all this could de made using only Knoppix.
It is just an idea. Maybe it isn't very important - for the moment, if my CD gets scratched, the simplest thing for me is to ask a friend or to buy a new one.
Bye,
Gencho
Similar Threads
-
By knoppene in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-15-2005, 08:13 AM
-
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-23-2004, 05:20 AM
-
By jsteffan in forum News
Replies: 6
Last Post: 06-22-2003, 02:57 PM
-
By probono in forum Ideas
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-19-2003, 06:05 PM
-
By in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 9
Last Post: 04-10-2003, 04:45 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡
$109.99

Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P
$149.99

Juniper Networks Mist Wireless Access Points, Model AP45
$59.99

Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch
$245.00

Juniper QFX5120-48Y-AFO 48 x 1/10/25GB SFP28 + 8 x 40/100GB Switch w/Dual AC
$10499.99

Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p Discounted Cosmetic
$79.86

Juniper EX2300-C-12P 12 Port Gigabit PoE+ 2x10G SFP+ Managed Compact Switch
$179.99

Juniper Networks AP33-US Indoor Wifi6 (US Version) 5GHz: 4x4:4; 2.99
$24.99

Juniper Networks EX3400-24T 24-Port Ethernet Switch w/Power Cord
$174.99

Juniper EX2300-24P 24-port Gigabit RJ-45 PoE 4-port 10Gb SFP+ Network Switch
$89.99