That is SWEET

I read that whole thing with extreme interest, technology sure has changed over the last few years, I am amazed !! I remember having an "old" PhaseWriter, Plexor, and they ditched me when I started to get really working with it, had more than 60 of the "special" discs -=- then they stopped making the discs, and I dont think you can find the reader / writers anymore... But, then again, it could only do 650 MB, but, it acted just like a hard drive, packet'ed read write system...

Nice to see they have gotten a lot better, and that they now are incorporating the DVD media into this, 4.7 GB storage is sweet, adding into that, the fact that its stable like a CD, as far as free from issues of magnetic field fluxations, that is cool...

Pretty secure system I would think too; a person with only a DVD reader would be able to boot your OS setup, but it would be a read-only system, and a person with a DVD-RW, would be able to mount the device for updating -=- nice, portability, and secureness, all in one ( this would make for a pretty slick Distro, read-only in some cases, and read / write in others - kind of like a "next generation" "Poor Man's" install )

The things you learn reading a Knoppix Forum, where is the world coming too ? ( giggle )