-
Desktop default customization
OK, I seem to be reading the wrong places, or just missing something obvious...
My HD Install brings up kdm as the default login manager. One of the options available is "Session Type", but I can't seem to figure out where that menu gets it's values so I can change them. I'm trying to optomize for the older machines I have at home so I'd like to make sure the kids and other family members default to XFCE (or maybe XFCE4 - any thoughts?) with IceWM as the other option. So I'd like to drop KDE and such from the menu.
I've seen the postings about /etc/init.d/knoppix-autoconfig, but since the list there is different than the list that shows up, I'm guessing that's not the right location to change.
Thanks in advance!
Similar Threads
-
By stclaus in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 9
Last Post: 03-13-2006, 01:27 AM
-
By dwatkins in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-21-2004, 04:08 PM
-
By aamorim in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-28-2004, 11:31 AM
-
By MattT in forum The Lounge
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-18-2003, 05:55 AM
-
By my2cents in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-27-2003, 08:49 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SK Hynix 128GB (4 x 32GB) PC4-2400T DDR4 ECC Server Memory HMA84GR7MFR4N-UH
$649.95

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

VMware vCenter Server 8 STANDARD Perpetual License Key VC-STD-C (Legacy Pack)
$1599.95

Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server
$349.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$484.99

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

DELL POWEREDGE R340 Server | Xeon E-2126G 64GB RAM PERC H330 (Onboard)
$399.95

MICROSOFT WINDOWS SERVER 2025 RDS 50 CAL NEW Factory Sealed
$136.87