Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Install HP ScanJet 5730C using Knoppix 3.4

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    21

    Install HP ScanJet 5730C using Knoppix 3.4

    I found out that I can operate my scanner using VueScan software. But my problem is figuring out how to install the hardware itself and the drivers. Where in KDE do I do this? How do I mount the device, in other words?


  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    260
    with the scanner on go to system>info center and click usb. See if your scanner is there. I am assuming this is a usb scanner (most scsi hp scanners are supported in sane).
    You shouldn't need to edit fstab for a scanner. The vue scan software should find your scanner and set it up. Hope this helps.

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    981

    Re: Install HP ScanJet 5730C using Knoppix 3.4

    Quote Originally Posted by nicorellius
    I found out that I can operate my scanner using VueScan software. But my problem is figuring out how to install the hardware itself and the drivers. Where in KDE do I do this? How do I mount the device, in other words?

    Here is what I did to get my usb HP PSC2175 to work:

    apt-get install hpoj-0.91_i386.deb (google for it)
    apt-get install sane-utils xsane libsnmp-base libsnmp5.
    hpoj should setup up OK on its own but need to edit /etc/sane.d/dll.conf uncomment the very last item (hpoj) so sane can find the hpoj drivers.

    I am using kooka as the scanner software.

Similar Threads

  1. Knoppix install read error around 80%, install another way?
    By nmz787 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-21-2004, 09:17 AM
  2. How do I make a HP scanjet 2300c scanner work.
    By rrfish72 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-07-2004, 10:26 PM
  3. Modconf...need module for HP scanjet
    By rrfish72 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-03-2004, 11:37 PM
  4. Knoppix HDD install Vs. regular Debian install
    By Jez in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-09-2004, 09:06 PM
  5. HP ScanJet 3400C scanner not working
    By Mogiin in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-17-2003, 07:05 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Samsung MLT-R116 Imaging Unit Xpress M2625 M2675 M2825 M2875 M2885 M3015 OEM NEW picture

Samsung MLT-R116 Imaging Unit Xpress M2625 M2675 M2825 M2875 M2885 M3015 OEM NEW

$49.99



New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW picture

New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW

$120.00



Lot 4 Samsung 64gb PC4-25600 2Rx4 DDR4-3200AA ECC RDIMM Reg Server Memory RAM picture

Lot 4 Samsung 64gb PC4-25600 2Rx4 DDR4-3200AA ECC RDIMM Reg Server Memory RAM

$3199.00



2x Samsung 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 SODIMM RAM 260-Pin Laptop RAM picture

2x Samsung 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 SODIMM RAM 260-Pin Laptop RAM

$132.16



Samsung SCXSTP000, SCX-STP000 (Swingline Staple Cartridge - 3 Refills) picture

Samsung SCXSTP000, SCX-STP000 (Swingline Staple Cartridge - 3 Refills)

$57.99



Magnetic Leather Flip Case with Stand for Samsung Tab S9 S9+ S10+ S10 Ultra picture

Magnetic Leather Flip Case with Stand for Samsung Tab S9 S9+ S10+ S10 Ultra

$20.99



Kids Case for Samsung Galaxy Tab A9+/A9 plus 11 Inch 2023 Case, with Strap, Shoc picture

Kids Case for Samsung Galaxy Tab A9+/A9 plus 11 Inch 2023 Case, with Strap, Shoc

$27.99



Samsung PC4-2666V 16GB 2Rx8 RAM DDR4 2666MHz M471A2K43CB1-CTD picture

Samsung PC4-2666V 16GB 2Rx8 RAM DDR4 2666MHz M471A2K43CB1-CTD

$59.99



Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 3/  64 gig/WIFI picture

Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 3/ 64 gig/WIFI

$85.00



QTY 100 Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 4 Pro 10.1” Case, Black picture

QTY 100 Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 4 Pro 10.1” Case, Black

$500.00