Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Install HP ScanJet 5730C using Knoppix 3.4

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    21

    Install HP ScanJet 5730C using Knoppix 3.4

    I found out that I can operate my scanner using VueScan software. But my problem is figuring out how to install the hardware itself and the drivers. Where in KDE do I do this? How do I mount the device, in other words?


  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    260
    with the scanner on go to system>info center and click usb. See if your scanner is there. I am assuming this is a usb scanner (most scsi hp scanners are supported in sane).
    You shouldn't need to edit fstab for a scanner. The vue scan software should find your scanner and set it up. Hope this helps.

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    981

    Re: Install HP ScanJet 5730C using Knoppix 3.4

    Quote Originally Posted by nicorellius
    I found out that I can operate my scanner using VueScan software. But my problem is figuring out how to install the hardware itself and the drivers. Where in KDE do I do this? How do I mount the device, in other words?

    Here is what I did to get my usb HP PSC2175 to work:

    apt-get install hpoj-0.91_i386.deb (google for it)
    apt-get install sane-utils xsane libsnmp-base libsnmp5.
    hpoj should setup up OK on its own but need to edit /etc/sane.d/dll.conf uncomment the very last item (hpoj) so sane can find the hpoj drivers.

    I am using kooka as the scanner software.

Similar Threads

  1. Knoppix install read error around 80%, install another way?
    By nmz787 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-21-2004, 09:17 AM
  2. How do I make a HP scanjet 2300c scanner work.
    By rrfish72 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-07-2004, 10:26 PM
  3. Modconf...need module for HP scanjet
    By rrfish72 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-03-2004, 11:37 PM
  4. Knoppix HDD install Vs. regular Debian install
    By Jez in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-09-2004, 09:06 PM
  5. HP ScanJet 3400C scanner not working
    By Mogiin in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-17-2003, 07:05 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Major Brand 8 GB PC3L-12800 (DDR3-1600) 2Rx8 DDR3L Laptop Memory RAM picture

Major Brand 8 GB PC3L-12800 (DDR3-1600) 2Rx8 DDR3L Laptop Memory RAM

$10.99



Crucial Ballistix 8GB (2x8GB) Desktop RAM DDR4 3200MHz w/ XMP BL8G32C16U4B.8FE1 picture

Crucial Ballistix 8GB (2x8GB) Desktop RAM DDR4 3200MHz w/ XMP BL8G32C16U4B.8FE1

$70.00



Samsung 8GB (4x4GB) DDR4 288-Pin DIMM Non-ECC Unbuffered PC4-2133P picture

Samsung 8GB (4x4GB) DDR4 288-Pin DIMM Non-ECC Unbuffered PC4-2133P

$300.00



Team Group T-Create Expert RAM 32gb (2 x 16gb) 6000 Mhz DDR5 Desktop Memory Modu picture

Team Group T-Create Expert RAM 32gb (2 x 16gb) 6000 Mhz DDR5 Desktop Memory Modu

$399.95



[ BULK LOT OF 10 ] UNITS of 8GB DDR4 Laptop RAM SAMSUNG, HYNIX etc. picture

[ BULK LOT OF 10 ] UNITS of 8GB DDR4 Laptop RAM SAMSUNG, HYNIX etc.

$299.99



Corsair CMK32GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000mhz Memory Kit - 32GB (2x16GB) picture

Corsair CMK32GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000mhz Memory Kit - 32GB (2x16GB)

$164.95



Micron MTC4C10163S1UC48BA1 8GB RAM DDR5 4800MHz picture

Micron MTC4C10163S1UC48BA1 8GB RAM DDR5 4800MHz

$87.00



RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED picture

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED

$445.00



SK Hynix 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200MHz ECC UDIMM RAM PC4-3200AA KIT picture

SK Hynix 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200MHz ECC UDIMM RAM PC4-3200AA KIT

$140.00



LOT OF 23 Ram Sticks-Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 4GB (4GBx23=92GB Total) picture

LOT OF 23 Ram Sticks-Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 4GB (4GBx23=92GB Total)

$129.99