Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Simple but impossible problem:ppponATM,winmodem and Red Hat

  1. #1

    Simple but impossible problem:ppponATM,winmodem and Red Hat

    Dear Friends,
    I am a Italian newbie of Linux release so I need of a your consulence.
    I'm using an ISP that uses the ppp on ATM protocol and besides I having a winmodem with Conexant chipset(in particular the hsf chipset,is I dont mistaking!).
    My problem is: how can I install these files in my O.S.
    The d4rive is a .gz execuble file(In theory: after I will decompress it I should install itself...the way?Which command?...My panic is the line command!!!!!!!!!)
    In the second case:I have the file in .RPM package version!
    Can you teach me the way to install a software , a .RPM file on a R.H.version,particularly the 9 th vers??????
    Thanking you for your reply I wait it from now untill it will arrive!

    Bye-bye Gianluca from Rome,smiling and...hopening!!!

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    981

    Re: Simple but impossible problem:ppponATM,winmodem and Red

    Quote Originally Posted by Gianluca Impei
    Dear Friends,
    I am a Italian newbie of Linux release so I need of a your consulence.
    I'm using an ISP that uses the ppp on ATM protocol and besides I having a winmodem with Conexant chipset(in particular the hsf chipset,is I dont mistaking!).
    My problem is: how can I install these files in my O.S.
    The d4rive is a .gz execuble file(In theory: after I will decompress it I should install itself...the way?Which command?...My panic is the line command!!!!!!!!!)
    In the second case:I have the file in .RPM package version!
    Can you teach me the way to install a software , a .RPM file on a R.H.version,particularly the 9 th vers??????
    Thanking you for your reply I wait it from now untill it will arrive!

    Bye-bye Gianluca from Rome,smiling and...hopening!!!
    To install an rpm file on a Debian system, first convert it to a .deb packge using alien:
    alien -d <package>
    then install the package with dpkg:
    dpkg -i <path and package name>

    Hope this helps.

Similar Threads

  1. ftp hang - has to be simple problem...
    By thorby in forum Networking
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-08-2005, 09:44 PM
  2. simple c++ compile problem
    By turbine in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-26-2005, 06:01 AM
  3. Mozilla+xprint=impossible
    By nishtya in forum General Support
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-18-2004, 11:15 PM
  4. Impossible to boot with mbr or from partition
    By spade in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-23-2004, 04:49 PM
  5. Impossible to start X
    By gommans in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-07-2003, 05:34 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Microsoft Windows 95 OEM 3.5

Microsoft Windows 95 OEM 3.5" Floppy Disk Set w/ COA Manual Vintage PC

$200.00



NEW* AMD Athlon 2.5GHz 4GB ATI X300 Win98 XP DOS Multiboot Retro PC w/ 50 Games picture

NEW* AMD Athlon 2.5GHz 4GB ATI X300 Win98 XP DOS Multiboot Retro PC w/ 50 Games

$349.00



NEW* AMD Athlon 2.5GHz 4GB ATI X1050 Win98 XP DOS Multiboot Retro PC w/ 50 Games picture

NEW* AMD Athlon 2.5GHz 4GB ATI X1050 Win98 XP DOS Multiboot Retro PC w/ 50 Games

$389.00



Vintage Samsonite Exec Briefcase Classic 70's Style Combo Lock. OMEGA picture

Vintage Samsonite Exec Briefcase Classic 70's Style Combo Lock. OMEGA

$34.99



HP LightScribe CD-R 100 Pack Blank Discs 52X 700MB 80 Min Vintage Media Unused picture

HP LightScribe CD-R 100 Pack Blank Discs 52X 700MB 80 Min Vintage Media Unused

$99.99



Lot of 6 Vintage IBM 2380/2381 Cartridges w/inker Black picture

Lot of 6 Vintage IBM 2380/2381 Cartridges w/inker Black

$16.00



Vintage Tandy 1000

Vintage Tandy 1000 "Personal Computer"Keyboard

$75.00



Vintage AST SuperPak Utilities 5.25

Vintage AST SuperPak Utilities 5.25" Floppy Disk Ver 6 w Sleeve

$12.25



Vintage Desktop No Brand-Pentium 4-512MB Ram 40GB HDD ATI R200 Fire GFx OS W98E picture

Vintage Desktop No Brand-Pentium 4-512MB Ram 40GB HDD ATI R200 Fire GFx OS W98E

$139.99



WINDOWS Microsoft

WINDOWS Microsoft "Vintage Style" Computer Keyboard/ #5181

$27.97