Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: It take long time to find the Knoppix PC with WinXp

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    2

    It take long time to find the Knoppix PC with WinXp

    Hi,

    I'm totaly new with knoppix. I installed knoppix 3.7 on my PC with hdinstall. Everything is fine. Then I configured the LAN (Samba) and I'm able to find the Knoppix PC with the WinXp Pro machine. But It takes nearly half a minute with the "search the network command" (I don't know if this is right I'm from germany) to find the knoppix PC. Both have the same networkgroup but if I press the "show workgroup pcs" I can't find it. Can I tune up the search function....

    I hope anybody can help me... and understand my request

    BeJ

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    788
    Check:
    Samba workgroup must be the same with xp workgroup.
    Samba user and password must be the same with xp user.

    Tutorial:
    http://www.samba.netfirms.com/sambconf.htm


  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    2

    Network...

    Thank U for your answer... I'll check it up...

Similar Threads

  1. Long loading times in Knoppix 3.9
    By digiplaya2005 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-03-2005, 06:18 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-03-2005, 03:45 PM
  3. A long time since Stephen..
    By cintra in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-17-2004, 11:24 AM
  4. Long, slow bootup time after hard drive install
    By poldervaart in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-12-2004, 05:47 PM
  5. Takes a long time to image a drive with dd
    By brentokc in forum General Support
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-09-2004, 06:44 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Rare Vintage Nec Mobile Gear II MC R430 Computer Japanese Windows Ce  picture

Rare Vintage Nec Mobile Gear II MC R430 Computer Japanese Windows Ce

$299.99



Vintage Memorex Telex 122-Key AT Terminal Keyboard 96550264 picture

Vintage Memorex Telex 122-Key AT Terminal Keyboard 96550264

$100.00



Vintage Epson Apex Plus AP3001A Dual 360K Disk Drives PC w/ Epson Apex Keyboard  picture

Vintage Epson Apex Plus AP3001A Dual 360K Disk Drives PC w/ Epson Apex Keyboard

$249.95



Vintage Retro Cyrix 6x86 133mhz 32mb RAM Floppy Combo picture

Vintage Retro Cyrix 6x86 133mhz 32mb RAM Floppy Combo

$299.00



Vintage Brother DP-525CJ Word Processor Typewriter PARTS/REPAIR  PLEASE SEE VIDE picture

Vintage Brother DP-525CJ Word Processor Typewriter PARTS/REPAIR PLEASE SEE VIDE

$265.00



Vintage PPI Super Sketch G2400 for Texas Instruments TI99/4A picture

Vintage PPI Super Sketch G2400 for Texas Instruments TI99/4A

$150.00



Ultra Rare Vintage 1986 Motorola M68000 ADS Development Board Gold XC68020 CPU picture

Ultra Rare Vintage 1986 Motorola M68000 ADS Development Board Gold XC68020 CPU

$249.99



Vintage 1977 IBM System/360 Punch Card Program Archive SimSci SSI RPG Mainframe picture

Vintage 1977 IBM System/360 Punch Card Program Archive SimSci SSI RPG Mainframe

$449.99



Vintage HP 21MX 1000 M-Series Minicomputer Chassis Backplane Parts AS-IS picture

Vintage HP 21MX 1000 M-Series Minicomputer Chassis Backplane Parts AS-IS

$228.19



Vintage Educational Laptop Computer By National Encyclopedia Corp W/box & Insert picture

Vintage Educational Laptop Computer By National Encyclopedia Corp W/box & Insert

$99.99