Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Simple but impossible problem:ppponATM,winmodem and Red Hat

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    Simple but impossible problem:ppponATM,winmodem and Red Hat

    Dear Friends,
    I am a Italian newbie of Linux release so I need of a your consulence.
    I'm using an ISP that uses the ppp on ATM protocol and besides I having a winmodem with Conexant chipset(in particular the hsf chipset,is I dont mistaking!).
    My problem is: how can I install these files in my O.S.
    The d4rive is a .gz execuble file(In theory: after I will decompress it I should install itself...the way?Which command?...My panic is the line command!!!!!!!!!)
    In the second case:I have the file in .RPM package version!
    Can you teach me the way to install a software , a .RPM file on a R.H.version,particularly the 9 th vers??????
    Thanking you for your reply I wait it from now untill it will arrive!

    Bye-bye Gianluca from Rome,smiling and...hopening!!!

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    981

    Re: Simple but impossible problem:ppponATM,winmodem and Red

    Quote Originally Posted by Gianluca Impei
    Dear Friends,
    I am a Italian newbie of Linux release so I need of a your consulence.
    I'm using an ISP that uses the ppp on ATM protocol and besides I having a winmodem with Conexant chipset(in particular the hsf chipset,is I dont mistaking!).
    My problem is: how can I install these files in my O.S.
    The d4rive is a .gz execuble file(In theory: after I will decompress it I should install itself...the way?Which command?...My panic is the line command!!!!!!!!!)
    In the second case:I have the file in .RPM package version!
    Can you teach me the way to install a software , a .RPM file on a R.H.version,particularly the 9 th vers??????
    Thanking you for your reply I wait it from now untill it will arrive!

    Bye-bye Gianluca from Rome,smiling and...hopening!!!
    To install an rpm file on a Debian system, first convert it to a .deb packge using alien:
    alien -d <package>
    then install the package with dpkg:
    dpkg -i <path and package name>

    Hope this helps.

Similar Threads

  1. ftp hang - has to be simple problem...
    By thorby in forum Networking
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-08-2005, 09:44 PM
  2. simple c++ compile problem
    By turbine in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-26-2005, 06:01 AM
  3. Mozilla+xprint=impossible
    By nishtya in forum General Support
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-18-2004, 11:15 PM
  4. Impossible to boot with mbr or from partition
    By spade in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-23-2004, 04:49 PM
  5. Impossible to start X
    By gommans in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-07-2003, 05:34 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray picture

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray

$39.99



Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A

$64.00



HGST Ultrastar HUS726040AL5210 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s Enterprise HDD picture

HGST Ultrastar HUS726040AL5210 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s Enterprise HDD

$41.00



Tested WD Ultrastar DC HC520 12TB 7.2K RPM SATA 6Gb/s 3.5

Tested WD Ultrastar DC HC520 12TB 7.2K RPM SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HDD HUH721212ALN600

$239.99



Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE picture

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE

$68.99



Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1 TB SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive picture

Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1 TB SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive

$23.99



Western Digital WD Caviar Green WD30EZRX 3TB 3.5

Western Digital WD Caviar Green WD30EZRX 3TB 3.5" 5400RPM SATA III Hard Drive

$37.98



Seagate ST3000NM0005 HDD 3TB SATA 6Gb/s 7.2K 3.5

Seagate ST3000NM0005 HDD 3TB SATA 6Gb/s 7.2K 3.5" 512 b/s

$59.00



New Western Digital WD40EFPX 68C6CN0 4TB 3.5

New Western Digital WD40EFPX 68C6CN0 4TB 3.5" SATA III Internal NAS Red Plus HDD

$137.59



Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS picture

Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS

$184.99