Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Simple but impossible problem:ppponATM,winmodem and Red Hat

  1. #1

    Simple but impossible problem:ppponATM,winmodem and Red Hat

    Dear Friends,
    I am a Italian newbie of Linux release so I need of a your consulence.
    I'm using an ISP that uses the ppp on ATM protocol and besides I having a winmodem with Conexant chipset(in particular the hsf chipset,is I dont mistaking!).
    My problem is: how can I install these files in my O.S.
    The d4rive is a .gz execuble file(In theory: after I will decompress it I should install itself...the way?Which command?...My panic is the line command!!!!!!!!!)
    In the second case:I have the file in .RPM package version!
    Can you teach me the way to install a software , a .RPM file on a R.H.version,particularly the 9 th vers??????
    Thanking you for your reply I wait it from now untill it will arrive!

    Bye-bye Gianluca from Rome,smiling and...hopening!!!

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    981

    Re: Simple but impossible problem:ppponATM,winmodem and Red

    Quote Originally Posted by Gianluca Impei
    Dear Friends,
    I am a Italian newbie of Linux release so I need of a your consulence.
    I'm using an ISP that uses the ppp on ATM protocol and besides I having a winmodem with Conexant chipset(in particular the hsf chipset,is I dont mistaking!).
    My problem is: how can I install these files in my O.S.
    The d4rive is a .gz execuble file(In theory: after I will decompress it I should install itself...the way?Which command?...My panic is the line command!!!!!!!!!)
    In the second case:I have the file in .RPM package version!
    Can you teach me the way to install a software , a .RPM file on a R.H.version,particularly the 9 th vers??????
    Thanking you for your reply I wait it from now untill it will arrive!

    Bye-bye Gianluca from Rome,smiling and...hopening!!!
    To install an rpm file on a Debian system, first convert it to a .deb packge using alien:
    alien -d <package>
    then install the package with dpkg:
    dpkg -i <path and package name>

    Hope this helps.

Similar Threads

  1. ftp hang - has to be simple problem...
    By thorby in forum Networking
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-08-2005, 09:44 PM
  2. simple c++ compile problem
    By turbine in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-26-2005, 06:01 AM
  3. Mozilla+xprint=impossible
    By nishtya in forum General Support
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-18-2004, 11:15 PM
  4. Impossible to boot with mbr or from partition
    By spade in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-23-2004, 04:49 PM
  5. Impossible to start X
    By gommans in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-07-2003, 05:34 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


IBM 43W0331 System x3550 Server Board LGA771 DDR2 16 DIMM RJ-45 picture

IBM 43W0331 System x3550 Server Board LGA771 DDR2 16 DIMM RJ-45

$49.00



Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For  RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series picture

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series

$375.00



IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM

$179.99



IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon  E5620 picture

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620

$199.99



IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel  Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD picture

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD

$1299.99



IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES picture

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES

$108.92



IBM Power S824 12Bay 4U Server - 2x Power8 CPU, 512GB DDR4, MT: 8286-42A picture

IBM Power S824 12Bay 4U Server - 2x Power8 CPU, 512GB DDR4, MT: 8286-42A

$1731.00



IBM 02YC027 Seagate ST2400MM0129 2.4TB 10K SAS 12Gb/s 2.5

IBM 02YC027 Seagate ST2400MM0129 2.4TB 10K SAS 12Gb/s 2.5" Server Hard Drive

$200.00



IBM Server Rackmount Sliding Rail Kit ( Part Numbers: 00D9375 / 00D9374 ) picture

IBM Server Rackmount Sliding Rail Kit ( Part Numbers: 00D9375 / 00D9374 )

$24.99



Rare Vintage IBM 93ZZ PowerPC Server Board - MCM Ceramic CPU - 40N1844 - 1.1 lbs picture

Rare Vintage IBM 93ZZ PowerPC Server Board - MCM Ceramic CPU - 40N1844 - 1.1 lbs

$49.99